EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Mupets1985,

Why Disney? Disney treats the Muppets like they're strictly for little kids.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
What a coup! Sell the company for $680 million three years ago, buy it back for $89 million today. Sounds like good business to me! :big_grin:

Aaron

Reaction score
now they can put the muppwt show back on tv

Jrobert

Reaction score
Now before we all go jump for joy, although this is good. :smile: I have to agree at least partially with Jeffy.

It is a dream come true that the company is in hands of people who care most about it's legacy, image and dream to live on. I'll even go as far as saying that I wish something like this would have happened to Disney to really keep Walt's original dreams alive. But I'll also say that a company like Disney or like JHC, need actually to find a medium.

It's not enough to just live on a great legacy, you need to explode it and really make that dream more than a reality. Disney has gone a little overboard being driven by finances and they are only partly still upheld with Walt's legacy and dreams.

Therefore, nothing could be better for the company to stay with the Henson family and dreamers. But they will need to make some bigger and stronger alliances to keep the muppets alive and keep things moving forward.

Does that make sense? It's not enough, just to be really cool and the best if you can't do anything with it.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Thank Jim! It's finally happened! I feel so relieved and happy about this, amongst other things (finishing up school, meeting Carroll, finishing puppet-related movie I really enjoy, birthday tomorrow). I don't think it could have gone to anyone better. Either way it goes, Henson belongs with Henson, and I think we can trust them more with our beloved characters than some shady German organization-gone bankrupt. Oh, by the way, sorry I didn't know you were there, Matt, otherwise I would have looked for you. Really woulda been nice to meet a fellow MC-er, though I did run into a fan about my age who knew of us, saying he was more of a "Tough Pigs" guy, though. Take care.

-Squigiman

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
In any event...this is definitely exciting and unexpected news.

I have a feeling that it will be a tough road ahead (for the immediate future) but I also anticipate some interesting and fun projects as well.

Congratulations to the Henson family. It must be a day of great celebration for them.

tomahawk

Reaction score
My wife called me from work because she was checking our e-mail. The last time someone called me from another place about Muppet news was in May of 1990. This was different, she sounded excited. I can't believe this. I am crying as I type. Thank you Henson family.

Jrobert

Reaction score
True, we do know we can trust Henson above EM.TV, and for that matter most companies.

However, I again just hope that they really partner with someone big and bring the Muppets back to where they should be.

:stick_out_tongue:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want Henson to belong to Henson! It's a dream come true!!!!!

NOW Eisner is CHOKING on that Mickey Mouse Pencil topper!! ahahahaa!

Wow, and i kept reading people saying that they bet Disney will get them in the end, i just could not belive it, i had a gut feeling Disney wouldn't get them, but that another smaller company would, but i didn't think Henson!!!

see dreams can come true! and only when DISNEY is NOT apart of them!!!! I'm sure Henson has lots of work to do, a better chance for that Fox show to get off the ground i bet!!

Whats funny is that i felt a sign yesteruday, it had nothing Muppet related, but it was just a small sign, i couldn't understand what it ment, but i took it as a sign of something good...IT'S GREAT!
You guys would think I weird if i told you the sign.....lol!
:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the)Disney your days are DONE!!:excited: :big_grin: :crazy: :zany: Dog.