EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Tell us! Tell us! What was the sign!
Well, oh,...okay:embarrassed:

A June bug....

Yep! A June big was the sign.

I got home last night from this specail park i like to go to that has a nice pond with ducks and snapping turtles N'stuff, it's a very speacil place and I consiter it to be like Kermits swamp to me.

I'm going to start going to this park a lot now that the weather is warming up and just like the past five summers it will be my home away from home during the summer, last time i was there was when I took my dog Barney for his "last walk" cause he had to get rid of him back this past Feb. so i was kinda sad, but happy to be there.

when i got home i heard a sracthing on my window, i first thought it was a mouse or even a rat! then i was hoping it was a squiral or it would be neat if it was a raccoon "the window was shut FYI" i quickly but carefully opend the shutters and it was a large June big tapping on the glass...so...i let him in( it was like he had to tell me somthing, he few around my room then i saw him hide behind my large Fozzie Bear back pack and then he landed behind my Animal in box corgi car..LOL i picked up the June Bug then placed him on a straberry(to eat) and put him on my windowledge.

:smile: I know...I'm crazy...:big_grin: .weird huh, i told you all, well i guess it DID have something to do with the muppets!

It just the first June Bug i have seen and i always liked June bugs because June is my birthday month and it's still May now;-) I remember when my dad taught me about june bugs and i would watch them all flying around the trees at my old house when i was a kid.

How off topic am i? Sorry, this new is so great! I've been flying around my house like a June bug!!!LOL!

Zachary,

Muppets1985

Reaction score
I wonder what EM.Tv is getting out of this deal. I thought Disney was willing to pay at least $100 million. It doesn't seem to make much sense to sell for $78 million if they are seeking to increase liquidity. :confused: :sympathy: ................:boo:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
:excited:
I was so excited when I read the email about this! I didn't have a very firm stance on who I wanted to have the Muppets. I wasn't 100% for any of the canidates but now this is great! It just feels right to have the Muppets back with the Hensons! So I want to congratulate and wish the very best of luck to Brian, Lisa, Cheryl, John, and Heather! You're the right people for the job:smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think it makes PEFECT SENSE on what is happen right now, lets think of it as the Henson family learing a lesson of bussness and they are Luckly getting there father's company back, a man on which there would be NO Muppets without. This sale was MENT to happen this way, it took time but worked out in the end, God works in misterious ways, this work out pefect, it's like the end to a Happy Muppet Movie!!!!!!And all thanks to a June Bug!!!LOL and the Henson Family's 78 Million:wink:

HEY! I think I know what QUINN did with the money he won!!!!LOL j/k:smile:

I am going to share with you what is going in my mind right now.

Think of this large hidden base under a large mountain, it's run by Michael Eisner and nasty greedy comapanies and people and everything and anything bad you can think of...and then some!

This whole devilish oporration was about to swallow the Muppets, but Brian Henson and his family broken in there and swooped all the muppets up in a jet plane, as fozzie Bear was ruing to the plane he triped on the "MOUNTAIN SELF DISTRUCT Leaver" then Rowlf helped him up and they got on the plane and ZOOMED outta there! just then the WHOLE, THE WHOLE DANG mountain blew SKY HIGH! Kermit looks back and signs with releave and wipes the sweat off his face, then looking to see a rainbow shine down on them all!!!!

Then from the steaming plie of baddiness baddens, you hear one of Disney's neardy works say"ready to buy the Muffets Mr. Eisner Sir???" You then just hear an "AAAACCCKKK!!!! from Michael Eisner followed by the choking of that neardy worker!

LOL! hahahaha! The story with a HAPPY endding!!!!!

Zack)Rowlf the, I know, I know!...I watch TOO many goodie goddie Cartoons!...LOL!Dog

Chilly Down

Reaction score
This is insane. This is totally out of the blue. This is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!! :smile: (Except for Stevie. Sorry, dude! Don't take it personally.)

I didn't even know the Henson kids were seriously in the running. This is like something out of one of the Muppet movies -- the whole gang bands together at the end and saves the day!

So: first of all, the sale is finally over after all the time. I would have been happy just for that. But it isn't Disney or anybody else, thank goodness. The Henson kids have proved they still care. JHC can now move forward with the Fox show, and continuing Farscape and...well, everything!

I didn't expect this at all. I had resigned myself to Disney buying them. This is so incredible!

I think I'm going to set a record for the number of times that I use an exclamation point at the end of a sentence!

Yes, there are legitimate questions for the future, such as where the money's coming from for their next project, and will the Henson kids consider selling again to get that money? But those are questions for another day. Today we get our happy ending and Gonzo bursting through the ceiling with his balloons and the rainbow shining in our faces. :smile:

Jaga828

Reaction score
This is FANTASTIC!!! I can think of no more fitting successors to Jim Henson's Muppets, than the second of Jim's best creations; his own children. Congratulations to the Henson Family, for bringing home the estranged brothers, sisters, frogs, pigs, bears, and whatevers; who were abscent for way too long. The legacy of Jim Henson is now deservedly where it was always meant to be; with a Henson at the helm! Best wishes for a long, successful run!! Thank you!

Rubber Ducky

Reaction score
Does this mean that Farscape will be brought back? Maybe I missed something...

I am very happy that the Henson kids bought back the Muppets..this is absolutely wonderful news!!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Beautifully put, Jaga! Though I think creating a family and raising the kids exceeds even Jim's other considerable accomplishments. :smile:

Does anyone know if the Creature Shop was part of this sale? (I think one of the articles I read said the Sesame characters were part of the sale. Are we to assume that was the writer's error?)

BTW, Foz, I like that name: the Henson Five. I expect them to come out singing and dancing or something. "A-B-C, it's easy as 1-2-3..." :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, the Frogboy is extremely happy. My only concern is that after pulling together all the funds to buy the Muppets, they will have no funds left to promote them. This, however, saves the Fox show and the currend more mature path the Muppets have been forging.

I have faith that the Henson folk have learned valuable marketing lessons in the past decade or so. I don't want to see a repeat of the 90s. On one hand, these are the same people who tell us Gonzo's nose is really blue and Miss Piggy is really skinny. On the other hand, Disney wouldn't be much better on that point so it's moot.

I don't know how they are going to find their promotional teeth. I didn't think the Henson family wanted to run the company in the first place. Could this just be another step in a longer process? I would like to see Henson strike some sort of eventual deal with Disney. A licensing merger or something of that sort. They should leave the marketing to the pros and use their pull on the creative side only. Ahh, dreams. But this is definitely a good day. :smile: