EM silent no more!!!

MWoO

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
To tell the truth I thought Brian's Janice was a bit off. Since I haven't heard Tyler's I can't comment on that one. I have the movie on tape and I don't think I want to spend money on the DVD just to hear a few lines of dialog that weren't in the TV version. Hopefully, we'll hear the EM speak again in future projects.
Well it's not just a few lines. It's 20 minutes of cut footage.

What I don't get is why the EM seems to be the first to get cut from these projects.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
To tell the truth I thought Brian's Janice was a bit off. Since I haven't heard Tyler's I can't comment on that one. I have the movie on tape and I don't think I want to spend money on the DVD just to hear a few lines of dialog that weren't in the TV version. Hopefully, we'll hear the EM speak again in future projects.
Have you considered seeing if your local library has a copy availible and then checking it out? that way you wouldn't have to pay to see it (unless you turn it in late). Or have you considered buying the DVD for any friends or relatives who like the muppets, and then "just happen to be in the neighborhood" so you can watch it? Or have you thouhgt about buying a copy and donating it to your library afterwards?

BEAR

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Well it's not just a few lines. It's 20 minutes of cut footage.

What I don't get is why the EM seems to be the first to get cut from these projects.

Well, some people claim they are too dated. Whatever. My theory is that since we have lost performers whether due to death or retirement, they have no voice. We like to see them all interact with each other and if half of them are voiceless, then they maybe they all should be. Because they are a team and go hand in hand. Its like if we couldn't have Statler anymore, then we probably would lose Waldorf too even if he still had someone to perform him. Same goes for Bert and Ernie. Did you ever wonder why they never spoke in Elmo Saves Christmas? They had a great walk on cameo during the scene with Its a Wonderful Life playing on the tv and Jimmy Steward says the Bert and Ernie line from the movie. Other than that, they never did anything in the whole special and they are two of the most popular and senior characters on the show. Frank Oz was still with the Muppets at the time. Why didn't he just give Bert a few lines. He was there to perform Grover, right? As for Ernie, I am not sure if that was when Whitmire was first starting to take over Henson's characters, but I know he voiced Kermit in that one mini cameo. Where was Ernie's voice?

I don't understand this stuff either. The EM is awesome and seem to be popular with old and new younger fans. They added hip and edge to the main gang on the tv show and especially in their first 3 films. It could be one of those unknown and unexplained disappearances like the ones on Sesame Street.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I just watched MWoO. I had a major "SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!" moment when that part came on. Floyd looks different, though. New hat? I couldn't figure it out. Floyd sounds good. :smile: I've only seen VMMC once so I can't compare this Janice to that one, but this one sounds good to me! I was SO glad. Dr. Teeth is spot on! Only two words, though?

And all the cut footage made the movie run alot smoother and made so much more sense. I LOVE THE MAYHEM!!!! <3!!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I just watched MWoO. I had a major "SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!" moment when that part came on. Floyd looks different, though. New hat? I couldn't figure it out. Floyd sounds good. :smile: I've only seen VMMC once so I can't compare this Janice to that one, but this one sounds good to me! I was SO glad. Dr. Teeth is spot on! Only two words, though?

And all the cut footage made the movie run alot smoother and made so much more sense. I LOVE THE MAYHEM!!!! <3!!!!
So do you think that the cut scenes would have added to the television broadcast? I havent gotten the dvd so I can't judge for myself. Were the cut scenes played individually in a separate menu like in most dvds, or was the feature movie presented with the cut footage inserted?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Nope, It was like MWoO was missing a few lines here and there, and the DVD is the real, full version. There's no option to watch it the other way. Alot of things did make more sense and run smoother. The cut fottage was inserted in. Definately the way the movie should have been broadcast.
Oh, and wondering where the Kelly Osbourne cameo is? When Dorothy comes out of the makeover machine for the first time, Kelly Osbourne comes out. They crack a few puns and conclude something like, "Well, that look is Kelly Osbourne. You should try more of an Ashanti look". So she goes back in, and Dorothy/Ashanti comes out looking all fancy (kinda like Diana Ross) like in the tv version.

And I just noticed, prawncracker, you use the word Squee too!! Excellent!

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Nope, It was like MWoO was missing a few lines here and there, and the DVD is the real, full version. There's no option to watch it the other way. Alot of things did make more sense and run smoother. The cut fottage was inserted in. Definately the way the movie should have been broadcast.
Oh, and wondering where the Kelly Osbourne cameo is? When Dorothy comes out of the makeover machine for the first time, Kelly Osbourne comes out. They crack a few puns and conclude something like, "Well, that look is Kelly Osbourne. You should try more of an Ashanti look". So she goes back in, and Dorothy/Ashanti comes out looking all fancy (kinda like Diana Ross) like in the tv version.

And I just noticed, prawncracker, you use the word Squee too!! Excellent!

Cool. I'll have to check it out. I am probably gonna hold off on buying it for a while though.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I loved all what I watched. I haven't watched it all the way through yet. I just watced the EM part and loved all the stuff that wasn't in the aired version. I'll have to watch it later all the way through. EYE EYE EYE EYE EYE!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Now I want to see the Electric Mayhem in the Oz movie. But I'm still not goint to buy it. it was a bad moie in my opinion.

ryan

MWoO

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:

It seems Bill is really good at doing Rowlf and Dr. Teeth for a few words and then it starts to sound like Bobo.