EM silent no more!!!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think they need to give Rowlf and Dr. Teeth to somebody else. In my opinion Bill has to many characters to work with like Pepe who is his main character, and then Johnny, and also Bobo. He can still do the Swedish Chef since that character isn't that significant of a character like Fozzie or Rowlf.

ryan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Same goes for Bert and Ernie. Did you ever wonder why they never spoke in Elmo Saves Christmas? They had a great walk on cameo during the scene with Its a Wonderful Life playing on the tv and Jimmy Steward says the Bert and Ernie line from the movie. Other than that, they never did anything in the whole special and they are two of the most popular and senior characters on the show. Frank Oz was still with the Muppets at the time. Why didn't he just give Bert a few lines. He was there to perform Grover, right? As for Ernie, I am not sure if that was when Whitmire was first starting to take over Henson's characters, but I know he voiced Kermit in that one mini cameo. Where was Ernie's voice?
I have read somewhere that after Jim henson died, bert appeared in quite a few skits without ernie, like "stick out your hand and say hello" and "i've gotta be clean". In the video Rock & Roll, made the year that Jim Henson died (not sure if it was before or after), there is a scene where bert calls in a radio show, and Ernie is there with him, holding the phone, but he doesn't say anything. Ernies presence in that scene was a bit unnecessary. I have also read that in the Big Birds Birthday special (from 1991) that bert had a line but Ernie didn't say anything.