Earl Kress - In Memoriam of an MC Family Member

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
This is SOOOOOOO late, but I found out just a month ago that Earl Kress had passed away... When I heard the news, I watched about twenty Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs episodes.

RIP
Earl Kress
1951-2011

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I found out that Earl had passed away about six months after it happened. And I just saw this thread now.

He was a great talent - I loved his writing on DC's Looney Tunes comics - and he was a nice guy. I'll always fondly remember the day that he and Kevin and I auditioned for the Muppets in '05, and then went to Disneyland afterwards.

RIP, Earl.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I found out that Earl had passed away about six months after it happened. And I just saw this thread now.

He was a great talent - I loved his writing on DC's Looney Tunes comics - and he was a nice guy. I'll always fondly remember the day that he and Kevin and I auditioned for the Muppets in '05, and then went to Disneyland afterwards.

RIP, Earl.
Amen.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Earl also worked for Hanna-Barbera Productions, and even wrote the animated segment "The Zero Hero" for the animated spinoff of "The Little Rascals" which aired in December 1983. That was the finale of a very low-rated series, but I think its low ratings was likely because it couldn't compete well against "Sesame Street" on many PBS affiliates, plus in some time zones, kids were likely still in bed. Saturday morning cartoons didn't get solid ratings except for 9 a.m. ET onward, which is why "Smurfs" enjoyed a nine-year run, and later "Garfield and Friends" had a seven-year run.