Drusilla

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Reaches through the screen to hug Robin and Drusilla, if she'll let us. Very good chapter this, it explores every character that much deeper. *Finds the female talking oyster interesting. How do you imagine its appearance and/or its standing pose? Is it similar to the four girls in oyster shells from that live 1985 TV Alice in Wonderland movie? At any rate, thank you for updating a charming story.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Thank you Count, I wasn't sure whether or not I should keep in Kermit's question about Drusilla understanding that her father is dead.
As the female talking oyster, I see her being slightly bigger then a real oyster with black beady eyes.

I remember watching the live 1985 TV Alice in Wonderland movie on an VHS when I was little. I only watched it up the the point where Alice ran into a spider web. That scene scared me so much that mom turned the tape off and wouldn't like me watch it again saying it was too scary for me.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I enjoyed reading this chapter. I really like this story and I'm also wanting to reach in and give Robin and Drusilla a hug. Keep it up!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying Alpha. I sort of crushed on those oyster girls, I'm weird like that. Please post more when you can.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Yes I know I've been bad with not updating, been very busy *sigh* but don't worry I'm working chapter nine, I should have it up soon, hopefully.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Chapter nine

Drusilla’s house was a cozy looking two-story cottage, like something out of a Thomas Kinkade painting. Surrounded by rose bushes, wind chimes, fairy figurines, and in the front yard was a tree and hanging on one branch was a single swing. It was small made of wood attacked to the tree branch by rope.
“Oh boy!” said Robin when he saw it. “A swing! Let’s take turns swinging on it,” Robin said to Drusilla.
“I don’t want to,” she said. Robin wasn’t sure if she meant to she didn’t want to take turns or didn’t want to swing.

Gideon watched them from the window. ‘So that’s The Frog,’ he said to himself.

Drusilla walked past the swing and up the porch steps. Piggy looked at her thoughtfully. There used to be a time when Drusilla loved to go on the swing.

Inside the cottage the walls were covered in paintings. Paintings of the beach, flowers, mythical sea creatures, the town it’s inhabitants, and copies of famous paintings some with their own unique twists.
“Did Drusilla paint all these?” Kermit asked.
“Yes she painted every single one,” Piggy said pride in her voice.
“There’s amazing!” he said stopping to look at Drusilla's rendition of Pablo Picasso’s ‘Child Holding a Dove’ only now it looked like it should be called Drusilla Holding a Dove, since the child was now a piglet that looked just like her.
“Of course,” Piggy said. “ She is a Prodigious savant. Isn’t the right dear?” she said to Drusilla.
Drusilla just looked at her shoes. “Yes well, why don’t you take Robin up to your room to play?”
Drusilla nodded and went up stairs with Robin following her.

Drusilla’s room was in all sense a little girl’s room from her unicorn wallpaper to her lavender canopy bed, matching vanity to the Hello Kitty DVD/TV. While Robin was no expert when it to girl toys he was able to identify most of them like Rainbow Brite, Drusilla had a lot of Rainbow Brite toys, then there where the Strawberry Shortcake toys, not the new ones, but the old ones from the nineteen eighties it was same with her My Little Ponies, and boy did Drusilla have a lot of them too! It made Robin wonder if was like him a forever-young Muppet kid. There were a few Popples a set of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls and some other dolls that Robin thought some might be Barbie’s. There weren’t a lot of stuffed animals. The only two toys that caught Robin’s interest was the Winnie the Pooh bear and a big light green felt snake. Though Robin had to admit Drusilla’s was a lot better then Kimmy’s room, which was like a shrine to the Bratz dolls.

Robin walked over her toy shelf were her board games were kept to see if he could find something for them play.
‘Pretty, Pretty Princess? Yuck! Enchanted Palace? Too girly! Barbie, we girls can do anything? No way! Barbie Dress up? Not for all the flies in the world! Tales of the Crystals? That looks too girly for me. Jem Fashion Flash? Jem Concert Clash? Jem Rocken Romance? Ahhh! Doesn’t she have any none girly games?’ Robin thought looking around her room some more.
His eyes rested on her bookshelf, Drusilla had lots of books mostly fairy tails and fantasy books, but no Harry Potter books Robin noted, but she did have Winnie the Pooh, Return to Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young, and Now We Are Six. As he was looking over all her books he noticed that she had a whole shelf full of copies of the book ‘The Secret Garden.’

He turned and looked at Drusilla she was sitting at her art easel painting. He walked over to her too see what was painting.

Meanwhile down stairs, Kermit’s morbid curiosity about how Gideon died got the better of him and he found himself asking Piggy.
“Something to do with kidneys,” she said picking up a framed photograph of Gideon. “That’s all he would tell me,” she said stroking the photo lovingly.
“Oh,” Kermit said not liking how lovingly Piggy was handing the photo. He knew it shouldn’t bother him it was just a photograph and yet part of him was thinking had Piggy done that to Gideon when was alive?
“He was always so vague it used to drive me crazy,” Piggy said now hugging the photo to her tight Kermit thought that any moment it would break.
“You knew each other long then?” Kermit asked. Yes he knew it was kind of dumb to ask. She must have.
“We grew up together,” she said putting the photo down.
‘Probably childhood sweethearts at some point,’ Kermit thought bitterly. Walking over to get a better look at Gideon’s picture. He was surprised to see that Gideon was a cat. He had assumed Gideon had been a pig. ‘Piggy wouldn’t be attracted to a cat right?’ The more he look at the picture he realized that Gideon look somewhat familiar.
“Piggy?”
“Yes?”
“Did Gideon and I ever meet?”
“I don’t think so, why?”
“He looks familiar that’s all.”
“Well he is…was a writer. Maybe you saw his picture on a dust jacket.”
“What was his last name?”
“Ragondin du Maine. Gideon Ragondin du Maine.”

Kermit look thoughtful for a few moments.
“Did he write a mystery book called ‘The Black Cat Crossed His Path At Midnight’?”
“I wouldn’t know I never read any of his books,” Piggy said sniffing. “But that’s alright because he’s never saw anything Moi’s been in and now he never will,” Piggy finished sounding as if were about to cry.

It was then that Kermit saw how much pain Piggy was really in. He found himself at a lost for words on how to comfort her. So he did the only he could do, he reach over and took her hand. With her other free hand Piggy rubbed her eyes.
“This sea air is just awful on Moi’s sinuses,” Piggy said trying to cover up the fact that she had almost broke down and cried.

Unknown to the both of them Gideon was watching them. ‘So The Frog has read one of my books, well that’s something. Poor Piggy, you still keep so much inside.’

*Kind of short I know, but I hope you all like it*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it was enjoyable and it helps start to bring the relationships closer together. *Scurries away, twitching in that sort of trying to hide a dislike over a trivial little thing... *Must ... Get... It... Out of my mind!

We are currently experiencing some technical mental difficulties. Please stand by. And please post more story. Thank you, that is all. :crazy:

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I'm glad you liked it. I hope I'm doing a good job with writing Kermit and Piggy's relationship.