Do you wear glasses or contacts?

bisforbubble

Reaction score
Spectacles!!!

I have worn glasses since the 8th grade (1985), and I still hate them.

Cannibal

Reaction score
I had lasick surgery last year.
I now have 20/15 vision in both eyes.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Cannibal said:
I had lasick surgery last year.
I now have 20/15 vision in both eyes.
Are you happy with that? Do you have any lingering side effects? I'm curious, because I've heard from people with different Lasik experiences...

Beebers

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Are you happy with that? Do you have any lingering side effects? I'm curious, because I've heard from people with different Lasik experiences...
The idea of that procedure scares the daylights out of me. Lots of successes but it can also go horribly wrong. I'll stick with glasses.

:concern: :concern: :concern:

Whatever

Reaction score
Sort of like the only thing that would make my ears stop ringing, as they do almost continuously, is a precedure that would make me deaf. Thanks, but no thanks.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beebers said:
The idea of that procedure scares the daylights out of me. Lots of successes but it can also go horribly wrong. I'll stick with glasses.

:concern: :concern: :concern:

I hear ya. Although I know a lot of people have been happy with it. I'm fine with my glasses and contacts, though, so I'll stick with those.

superfan

Reaction score
I should wear glasses. I set down my last pair in '97 on a mailbox while talking to a friend (and a guy I liked...of course). I walked away with both friends and without my glasses. I haven't been to an eye doctor since. I know, it's stupid, but I am not suffering from headaches, I can see what I want to see and if I can't I move closer to it. Nearsighted.
Lasick eye surgery only sounds tempting. Did you see what happened to Ned Flanders in that skit that took place in the future? :wink:

Davina

Reaction score
I wear glasses.. have thought about contacts.. but, i have really bad allergies too and at times my eyes water something terrible and the thought of having to stick something into my eyes everyday has never really been that appealing anyway...
as for surgery... would love it.. but.. i've worked in an ophthomology office and know way too much for my own good about all the weird things that can happen to your eyes in all sorts of weird situations and have decided that i like having the glasses there as a barrier against the outside world.. i mean.. our eyes are in more then enough danger as it is simply from our eye lashes (word to the wise.. never look through medical procedure books if you don't have to.. eek!! sadly, i worked in billing and needed to know the procedures for talking to insurance... *sigh*)
maybe someday... but for now, i wouldn't be a good candidate anyway.. my vision has never stablized and continues to slowly worsen.. :frown: though it does seem to be slowing down.. maybe it'll finally settle... (about stinking time! i'm 31!!!)
ok.. enuf babbling....