Do you love Muppets Tonight?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Elchippo said:
. Pepe got better once he dropped Seymour the Circumcised elephant-what was the deal with his nose? i hated it. And I'll probably open up a can of worms here, but I can't stand Bobo. Being a huge Fozzie fan, i believe there is only room for one simple minded bear in the Muppet Kingdom.
Yeah dude I hear you. Now Pepe and Seymour are the Halls and Oates of the Muppet world, like how people wonder why was Oates there, and Hall could do just fine without him. Pepe didn't need Seymour at all, a little sad really. But as for Bobo, yeah you maybe opening up a can of worms, but I agree. I never really dug Bobo either. He'll never take Fozzie's place as top Muppet Bear. The only time I liked Bobo at all was on Muppets from Space, not though the whole movie, just when the head bad guy asked for the remote and Bobo was like "the goat", that line just get me off graud and I couldn't help but laugh. Like I already said though, for me one of the biggest turn offs on the show for me was Randy and Andy pig. I mean there's loveable dumb than there's just he's so freaking dumb, I just want to slap him dumb. Like Homer Smipson is a loveable dumb, but (at least for me) Randy and Andy was like, ughhh, you know.

I agree with that Mayhem should of be the house band. They were on the show a few times, Animal was on it a lot. So why didn't they just put Mayhem as the band?

Smiles

Reaction score
(c) Okay, I never actually saw muppets tonight. But I love some of the characters that came out of it and have been listening to some of the songs on muppet cantral radio. so hopefully disney will release a dvd eventually.

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
WELL ONLY SAW ABOUT SIX
EPISODES AND I SAY THAT I LOVED IT. I DON'T KNOW WHAY WE DIIDN'T SEE ANY MORE EPISODES. HOW MANY SEASONS DID IT GO FOR?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
melissa@muppet said:
WELL ONLY SAW ABOUT SIX
EPISODES AND I SAY THAT I LOVED IT. I DON'T KNOW WHAY WE DIIDN'T SEE ANY MORE EPISODES. HOW MANY SEASONS DID IT GO FOR?
Only 22 episodes were ever made and they were divided up over two seasons.

Technically only half-seasons since there would only be 11 episodes each season divided by half. But I don't think the number was even exactly equal over the two years
I'm not sure what the exact division is.

KingFatJ

Reaction score
It sucked (to me). Maybe 'cuz I was hopin' to see classic stuff, and it was more like tryin' to pull in new viewers or make the show modern and hip and all, but the end result (to me) just sucked.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
i say (B)t was a terrible mistake nothing like the marvelous muppet show, WHY WAS'NT KERMIT HOST FOR PETE'S SAKE!!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
KingFatJ said:
It sucked (to me). Maybe 'cuz I was hopin' to see classic stuff, and it was more like tryin' to pull in new viewers or make the show modern and hip and all, but the end result (to me) just sucked.
So you would say B right.

The Muppets Tonight did have some great moments. But if it was planned on being a second coming of the Muppet Show, than sorry, that just didn't happen.

Everyone keeps asking "why wasn't Kermit host", well no one here I don't think has a real answer, but I will say this, I think maybe they wanted Clifford to be a bigger character than he turned out to be. Or maybe it was like a new Muppet generation thing, and that's why there wasn't a lot of classic Muppets, but a fair amount of new ones. But like I said, I don't have any real answers, I'm just making guesses. Can anyone think of anything esle?

KingFatJ

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
Everyone keeps asking "why wasn't Kermit host", well no one here I don't think has a real answer, but I will say this, I think maybe they wanted Clifford to be a bigger character than he turned out to be. Or maybe it was like a new Muppet generation thing, and that's why there wasn't a lot of classic Muppets, but a fair amount of new. Can anyone think of anything esle?
Clash had his hands all over it, which ain't a bad thing but certainly wasn't good for the longevity of the program, as we now can tell. I'd say Kermit wasn't host for that same reason, although if u remember in the program he was too busy and too big a star to host...or wasn't gonna host again after all the chaos he suffered from TMS. Or am I making that up?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I couldn't help but think it strange that Kermit should hand over the role of host to Clifford and yet it is still the frog who announces the beginning of each show just like he did when he hosted the original show.

I would have thought personally that the host Clifford would have done that as part of his job but maybe Clifford worked out some loophole so he wouldn't get trampled each episode:wink: :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
I never cared for it all that much.