Do you feel bad for liking Sesame Street?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Its kind of mixed with me. I like Sesame Street, and I don't feel bad, and I've told quite a few people. But on the other hand, I don't roll into school and yell it for everyone to hear. Crazy31088 sid it right, its really no ones buissness if you like a certin thing. Asking "Why do you watch kiddie shows?" is like asking "Why do you watch reality shows?". Both answeres are mostlikely the same, "Because I like them."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I mean you don't have to feel obligated to let everyone know. It's your own thing in the end. I think people are just saying you shouldn't be ashamed either. :smile:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Exactly. I'm not ashamed one bit. Heck, if I was, I wouldn't have even joined this fourm, let alone make "Colbynfriends" my usernames for the other websites I'm a part of.

Kiki

Reaction score
I mean it really just depends on the person. Some guys were just as nasty to me about the Beatles as girls. And some boys I knew were terrified of going against their "pack." Still, I went to a very jock-oriented school, hehe.

Yet there were other boys were more easy going and kind. And I will admit there were thankfully some kinds girls as well. :smile:
That's good, then. :smile: I go to a... all-girls school. You get used to it quite quickly, though. Because of this, I don't talk to the opposite sex as much, but when I talk to my brother's friends they think it's really cool that I like clasic rock and stuff- which is lovely and a change from the reaction I'm used to getting from a lot of girls. I agree, it does depend on the individual, though. That's terrible that the guys gave you a hard time fer liking The Beatles, gah- they'll nitpick anything, won't they? :mad:

I wouldn't see why this should still be a problem. I thought this was the era of the geeky nostalgia boom coming back... people wearing Transformer T-Shirts, begging people to put 80's cartoons on DVD... and yes, I've seen a LOT of interest in the muppets lately.
I totally know where you're coming from there. Even with my age-group geeky nostelgia is back. On casual clothes days and stuff you see a lot of girls where Hanna-Barbera/SSt/80s t-shirts. Being a retro-nerd myself, I can't help but go up to them and comment. But what I've picked up on is that they're not even aware of the character that they're wearing. Like, a person was wearing a Penalope Pitstop top and told me they didn't even know who she was (!). The same thing has happened with SSt, The Banana Splits, Rainbow Brite, Gumby... the list goes on. Gets a bit annoying after a while, though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's good, then. :smile: I go to a... all-girls school. You get used to it quite quickly, though. Because of this, I don't talk to the opposite sex as much, but when I talk to my brother's friends they think it's really cool that I like clasic rock and stuff- which is lovely and a change from the reaction I'm used to getting from a lot of girls. I agree, it does depend on the individual, though. That's terrible that the guys gave you a hard time fer liking The Beatles, gah- they'll nitpick anything, won't they? :mad:
Oh yeah sometimes guys really appreciate girls who like quirky things, hehe. Whereas some girls just want the world to be bland, hehe. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I totally know where you're coming from there. Even with my age-group geeky nostelgia is back. On casual clothes days and stuff you see a lot of girls where Hanna-Barbera/SSt/80s t-shirts. Being a retro-nerd myself, I can't help but go up to them and comment. But what I've picked up on is that they're not even aware of the character that they're wearing. Like, a person was wearing a Penalope Pitstop top and told me they didn't even know who she was (!). The same thing has happened with SSt, The Banana Splits, Rainbow Brite, Gumby... the list goes on. Gets a bit annoying after a while, though.
I HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATE that, man... it's been going on since the early 90's Bugs Bunny shirts. That's why they had to make Tweety wear girl's clothes dispite the fact (and this has been verified, even in the Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries series) Tweety is a Boy. Man, that stuff never sat well with me, though I did enjoy all the LT shirts they used to have.

Kiki

Reaction score
I HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATE that, man... it's been going on since the early 90's Bugs Bunny shirts. That's why they had to make Tweety wear girl's clothes dispite the fact (and this has been verified, even in the Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries series) Tweety is a Boy. Man, that stuff never sat well with me, though I did enjoy all the LT shirts they used to have.
Amen! Yeah, I never got that, either. Tweety's a male and yet he's only on girls' clothes thesedays, sometimes dressed in girls' clothes, too! I also hate it how most band/game tops are fer guys and not gals. Seriously! Where I live (reknowned fer it's fashion) it's hard to find a top of The Doors or Pink Floyd in a girls size. Secondly, I'm jealous of my brother because all the Marvel/DC/old-school games tops are in his size! it's like, "girls arn't into that sort of thing". I mean... even most Muppet tops are fer guys!

Soul H

Reaction score
Not at all. I kept it to myself at school. But my brothers on the other hand, used to put me down for watching it. :frown: But when they learned about my Aspergers' Syndrome they understood completely.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Amen! Yeah, I never got that, either. Tweety's a male and yet he's only on girls' clothes thesedays, sometimes dressed in girls' clothes, too! I also hate it how most band/game tops are fer guys and not gals. Seriously! Where I live (reknowned fer it's fashion) it's hard to find a top of The Doors or Pink Floyd in a girls size. Secondly, I'm jealous of my brother because all the Marvel/DC/old-school games tops are in his size! it's like, "girls arn't into that sort of thing". I mean... even most Muppet tops are fer guys!
I have a sister who loves that stuff (the old School games and comics anyway) and I'm constantly putting an eye out for that stuff. I've seen some Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario, and Wolverine ones. I also have seen (just yesterday, in fact) a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends shirt that I've only seen available for girls. Hey, I like Bloo and Eduardo too. Of course, I only really have seen that sort of stuff at Hot Topic and Kohl's (since I don't actually have to go to that section, since there's always displays outside that aisle). As for Tweety, dude... give the Bird back the mallet and dynamite sticks. We need to stop playing his cuteness, and start playing how vicious that little guy is.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yesterday, my sepical-ed teacher and sepical-ed classmate said that they like Sesame Street. They said it can be funny at times. I'm glad that they like it!