Do Folks Do This To You..?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't consider Superman Doomsday "children's entertianment" by a long stretch. It is rated PG 13. I haven't seen it yet. I don't care for Superman, Myself, but even I am enticed.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Some people think it's weird that I watch SpongeBob, Aqua Teen (loved the movie, btw) and even The Simpsons and Family Guy. It's like, "why are you watching cartoons? Grow up!"
My entire TV-on-dvd collection consists of two genres: Muppet productions, and cartoons (Family Guy, Futurama, Clone High, etc.). When you tell people that you're buying it as part of a collection, most go, "Oh, okay..." but I hate getting that reaction like it's weird. So what? I know what I like, big whoop, wanna fight about it? ((Winslow please tell me you get that reference!))

Winslow said:
And I agree, Dr. Tooth: like Survivor is intellectually stimulating.:rolleyes:
Come on guys, Survivor is great! It is a social experiment and it's brought so many wonderful people to our culture; like the tax-evading Richard Hatch, the modest and honest model couple of Boston Rob and Amber, and how could we forget, Elisabeth Hasslebeck from The View. What would we do without these people as reminders of the fact that I'm glad I, unlike so many others, have already passed through the immature pre-pubescent stage of life?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't consider Superman Doomsday "children's entertianment" by a long stretch. It is rated PG 13. I haven't seen it yet. I don't care for Superman, Myself, but even I am enticed.
Oh, I wouldn't either. I know it's PG-13, but some people consider cartoons--any cartoons--children's entertainment, no matter the content. I'm interested in picking up that new Popeye set.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I hate getting that reaction like it's weird. So what? I know what I like, big whoop, wanna fight about it? ((Winslow please tell me you get that reference!))

and how could we forget, Elisabeth Hasslebeck from The View.
Heh, that's that little guy on Family Guy, right? "Yeah, I'm short, so what, wanna fight about it?":zany:

So Elisabeth Hasslebeck is from Survivor. That's her claim to fame, huh? I always wondered where she came from, but never bothered to do any research.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
BTW, Mrs. P., sounds like you have a great TV on DVD collection!:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So Elisabeth Hasslebeck is from Survivor. That's her claim to fame, huh? I always wondered where she came from, but never bothered to do any research.

Heh... there's something about that statement that seems very fitting. :crazy:

But so what if it's something we may have liked as a kid? It's not like a children's show like Barney which has no merit for an adult.
Wanna hear something scary? There is a small rising culture that actually is nostalgic for that Lavender Lumox. Now I have to pretend not to hassle them for that. Not so much it's a children's show... but because it's just so low quality. I can see the Zipper....

But then again, i can't believe people fondly look back on New Zoo Revue either... but hey, each his own, right?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey, some people are nostalgic for the Lost in Space TV series. But Star Trek is clearly the superior show, hehe. It's all about memories rather than the quality of the show itself. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, I do love Jonathin Harris, myself. But I really haven't seen too much of Lost In Space.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But for me, it's not just about nostalgia. it's about what I think still works for me. There are a lot of things I look towards with nostalgia, like Captain planet and such, but I just can't stand anymore. I used to love Care Bears when I was in preschool... it was so....colorful... but now I really dislike them.

As for some other things, I still think they are worth merit. I still enjoy things that i can get back into, Like Darkwing Duck, The Tick, and various others like that. Something I loved as a kid, but I can still find as funny, or funnier. No better example is Rocky and Bullwinkle, which keeps getting funnier the more I understand the jokes.

Years and years ago, I was in History class, and I came across a passage from The Rubaiyat of Omar Kayam. And I just laughed my head off for five minutes.