Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
on the first Muppet comic from Langridge.
http://hotelfred.com/
I'm in love with his Dr. Teeth. THAT is amazing. His Gonzo is SO much better--and the fourth finger has been removed! I really, really like Zoot, Animal, and Rizzo too. Overall I'm very pleased with this and can't wait to see the final product. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm in love with his Dr. Teeth. THAT is amazing. His Gonzo is SO much better--and the fourth finger has been removed! I really, really like Zoot, Animal, and Rizzo too. Overall I'm very pleased with this and can't wait to see the final product. :big_grin:
Ditto. I'm still not keen on his Gonzo, but he looks much better. I really can't wait to see what the weirdo's story comic will look like. I guess we're a month away from Kermit's story so we'll get a better idea then. The other Muppets are looking nice.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ditto. I'm still not keen on his Gonzo, but he looks much better. I really can't wait to see what the weirdo's story comic will look like. I guess we're a month away from Kermit's story so we'll get a better idea then. The other Muppets are looking nice.
Agreed. Gonzo could still use some tweaking... but he's MUCH more Gonzo-like than the vulture thing we saw before. I'm really starting to enjoy Langridge's style--it's really growing on me. The storyline is what's really interesting me at this point too. The art right now is the least of my concern.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I still say you are the reincarnation of Chuck Jones (a compliment, since I adore his style). It's kinda weird, having seen your other Kermits, to see him smiling. :smile:

Colorized, it looks just as great as the rough version. Smiles all around!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I love the way you snuck Jim, Frank and Jerry's names in. I hope that doesn't get changed!

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have said anything and they won't notice!

:stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's so cool! I love that artwork! Camilla in the pilot hat and goggles is wonderful and STILL has me cracked up!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well, guys...here's the revised color cover. Opinions are welcome. Right now it's under Disney and Boom's revision. Fingers crossed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/muppetmonkey/themuppetshowcover-color.jpg
Completely AWESOME. Gonzo, Sam, and Animal are my favorites, but all of the characters are incredible. I just love Rizzo and Camilla. Camilla's expression is especially priceless. I miss good ol' scrunch-faced Kermit, but he still looks great smiling. But again... they're all just incredible. I can't get over how immense your talent is. Congratulations, man! This is great! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Thanks for the great comments, guys. Revisions just went in and so far, I have to get rid of Pepe, :rolleyes:because he doesn't appear in the first issue, a little fix on Sam's mouth:attitude: and Kermit's expression will be cheerful now.:smile:

So I'll get to it and post the revised final version soon.

Later!
-Dave
Amazing work! Will this be the issue 2 variant?

Seeing this, I can totally envision execs pushing for an animated prime time Muppet Show on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.