Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh Gonzo's nose is MUCH better! My gosh that's such an improved design it's not even funny. I love that Dr. Teeth and Janice seem to have a big part in Fozzie's story--that's awesome! I can't believe we've already seen cover art for this and issue #1 isn't even out yet! Great stuff! :zany:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ya know maybe the books like Piggys and Peepes will not do that well, but i think these comices will really be something with a lot of heart and a lot of laughs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh Gonzo's nose is MUCH better! My gosh that's such an improved design it's not even funny. I love that Dr. Teeth and Janice seem to have a big part in Fozzie's story--that's awesome! I can't believe we've already seen cover art for this and issue #1 isn't even out yet! Great stuff! :zany:

Yeah, this Gonzo is much, much closer to the real design... and who says no one listens to Muppet fans. I really like how he makes Statler and Waldorf really look human on that back cover.

But that Dr. Teeth is simply amazing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's a very rough pencil sample of the LA cover made by yours truly. It's under BOOM's and Disney's evaluation right now. Hope you guys like it.:smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/muppetmonkey/themuppetshowcover.jpg
Beautiful!

Bunsen, Beaker, Rizzo, Kermit, Piggy, Sam, Fozzie, Gonzo, Camilla, Animal and even Pepe! We all have our favorite characters, but this is a very good selection. You have captured the spirit and feel of the Muppet Show. Very expressive too. I would enjoy reading a whole book like this. You should ask Disney and Boom if you can also do a pull-out poster down the line. I'd want one. Fantastic. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah ... their faces are priceless and perfect!

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Thanks for the great comments, guys. Revisions just went in and so far, I have to get rid of Pepe, :rolleyes:because he doesn't appear in the first issue, a little fix on Sam's mouth:attitude: and Kermit's expression will be cheerful now.:smile:

So I'll get to it and post the revised final version soon.

Later!
-Dave

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Dave. Big ups for landing this gig. Know you're :busy: right now, but please LMK if you'd be interested/available for that Sesame illustration I asked about. Sent you a message through the forum's mailer, if you didn't receive it then check the threadI created in FanFic & FanArt titled "Muppet Artist Needed". Thanks and hope to hear back from you soon. :batty:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Here's a very rough pencil sample of the LA cover made by yours truly. It's under BOOM's and Disney's evaluation right now. Hope you guys like it.:smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/muppetmonkey/themuppetshowcover.jpg
...WHOA! That is SO awesome! Really, I'm just amazed! The style is FANTASTIC! I would SO read an entire book of this! Gonzo's my favorite. His face is priceless. Sam's is too... GAH! It's so awesome. It's a shame you have to remove Pepe... He looks amazing. I like Kermit's expression better disgruntled... but it will still be awesome! I have to get this alternate cover! :big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.