Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good comments, guys! Well, comments came in and here's what I have so far;

1) Kermit needs a slight change. After all is their main franchise character so it's obvious to be picky about him

2) I have to alter Gonzo's design a little including his colors

3) Animal need to be more hairy

4) Fade the colors a little. They find the colors too bright fr the readers. My guess is because the comic book is oriented to a somewhat underground audience and bright colors might look childish for them.

So far the Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson references made the cut, Earl! Ain't I a stinker? *snort*

Reevz1977

Reaction score
MUPPETMONKEY, can I just say...

YOUR WORK IS AWESOME! ! ! ! I truly love it!:flirt:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good comments, guys! Well, comments came in and here's what I have so far;

1) Kermit needs a slight change. After all is their main franchise character so it's obvious to be picky about him

2) I have to alter Gonzo's design a little including his colors

3) Animal need to be more hairy

4) Fade the colors a little. They find the colors too bright fr the readers. My guess is because the comic book is oriented to a somewhat underground audience and bright colors might look childish for them.

So far the Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson references made the cut, Earl! Ain't I a stinker? *snort*
Your work is fantastic! I'm wondering what changes they want made to Gonzo? More purple and hook to the nose tip, the green stripe on the eye lid? I like how you have him, but that's all I can think of. My guess is that they want Kermit mugging the camera a little more. Still, I love this cover. Do you have a preorder link for it via the web?

Great job! :flirt:

ALSO: I really want to see a full-fledged Muppet comic from you! The Muppet community (here and over at Tough Pigs) really admires your work!

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Frogboy, thanks for your comments! Gonzo's nose color was one of the issues so I hope it's okay now. Here's the revised cover once again. It has to go to print soon so I went over the changes quickly.
Kermit is more happy-looking,:smile: Gonzo's nose is purple,:concern: Animal is more hairy:halo:, Rizzo's clothes' colors are according to model and the generic coloring is less bright and shades has been added! *wheww*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/muppetmonkey/MUPPETCOVERREVISED.jpg

I'm waiting for their review once again so let's see what they have to say.

I'm glad that people over at Tough Pigs like my artwork too. I still don't know if I'll be taking over an issue yet but so far I got the variant cover.

Thanks for your support, guys!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
GORGEOUS! ! ! ! ! The shading is BEAUTIFUL! I love Gonzo's nose color change--very nice! Animal looks great shaggier too, but I will still always miss that disgruntled Kermit. But he looks VERY good here too. I think the shading on this is my favorite part... SO cool. I love, love, love it! Gosh, I hope you get called to do an entire issue. GREAT stuff.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The revisions look nice, but I too will miss disgruntled Kermit. You so beautifully got that Kermit expression the puppet has down in cartoon form. Happy Kermit is cool too and I get why Disney prefers that version. The Animal shag is spot-on! :halo:

unclematt

Reaction score
The new Gonzo s better but still not great and is there any likely hood of this being continued once all 4 parts are complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.