Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well this is interesting, and yet at the same time I think it sounds good. I just hope that if they get Jolie or any other really big name star of today that they don't drag the Muppets into some tabloied scandle. If they can get Jolie who is one of the sexyest ladys alive then it will sure turn some heads at the box office.
The artical said she had been approcced about the movie. I wonder if it was Disney that asked her or if it was Jason. Could Disney have already gave the go ahead with the first draft? To start talking about casting big names like that it would make you think how far along are they with this. Of coruse I'm sure it would take sometime to get a person like Jole on bord considering she is fixing or has already had her new babies. Plus if we go by what Jason has said he is only allowed to do one movie per year becuase of his show. I would only assum that they are getting geared up to start filming soon for that as well.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I don't understand the trepidation people are having with her casting? I actually breathed a sigh of relief they didn't pick Miley Cyrus or Ashlee Simpson or etc.

We LOVE Angelina! She's fabooo... and I can see her working well with all the Muppets excluding Miss Piggy.
Well this fan is excited for sure the muppets need big names like this who have talent to back them, not just people who's names are all over with no talent.:big_grin:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I'm so down with Jolie being in it. I think she's a great draw to the box office and a credible personality. So much better than Ashanti!

I still don't understand why people have a problem with that?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i don't have a problem with it. I bet it has to do with all the stuff that is in the tabloieds, and they really make Jolie out to be some type of strange person or something. Who really knows what she is like only the ones closest to her.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jolie's dad was a turkey-chicken in the Muppet Show Live during MuppetFest. Why not put her in the film?

The Muppet Movie did it right: The cameos were not out-shining the Muppets. They were cameos, plain and simple secondary or tertiary characters played by famous people. They do not need someone to carry the film for The Muppets. Let the Muppets be the stars of the film and the cameos be the background characters played by famous folk like the good ol' days.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
"Starring"

I suppose it's the word "starring" that is concerning some fans. I think it just means she'll have a cameo. Details tend to get lost in the press. Some releases still think the Henson Company still owns the Muppets, some think Disney is releasing the Fraggle Rock picture and some think "live action" Fraggles means people in Fraggle costumes. I'm certain this is just a cameo for Angelina Jolie. And with her, there could always be Brad Pitt, and with him there's always Clooney and other pals that might want to join in for *brief cameos* like in the original Muppet Movie. That would be fantastic!

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Starring Matt Daman with the Muppets..." *shivers*

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Jolie's dad was a turkey-chicken in the Muppet Show Live during MuppetFest. Why not put her in the film?

The Muppet Movie did it right: The cameos were not out-shining the Muppets. They were cameos, plain and simple secondary or tertiary characters played by famous people. They do not need someone to carry the film for The Muppets. Let the Muppets be the stars of the film and the cameos be the background characters played by famous folk like the good ol' days.
big names turn heads! Steve Martan Richard Priior Milton Berl They where the stars of the day. Some had shorter parts then others but man they where well written. Plus they where all through out the whole movie. Not like in AVMMXM where there where some in a long shot of Kermit's phone calls.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Oh, I know! Maybe they should add Amy Poehler from Saturday Night Live as a cameo or Tina Fey or Kenan Thompson.

ploobis

Reaction score
I've always wanted to see Tim Conway do something with The Muppets, He's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.