Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I hope we get a lot of movie star cameos. I also hope they stay merely cameos (and I think they will).
Agreed on both parts, Jamie! I'm really pulling for a Robin Williams and Will Ferrel cameo. :zany:

On that note, what other cameos would people like to see? I'd love to see the two I mentioned above along with Jerry Seinfeld, Steve Carrel (I would DIE of happiness), Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin (wouldn't that be awesome?), and really whoever they throw at me--except for those tweeny-bopper messes... :boo:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I would love to see Jennifer Saunders, Amy Sedaris, Kathy Griffin or Margaret Cho and Grace Jones as a musical guest star!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Agreed on both parts, Jamie! I'm really pulling for a Robin Williams and Will Ferrel cameo. :zany:

On that note, what other cameos would people like to see? I'd love to see the two I mentioned above along with Jerry Seinfeld, Steve Carrel (I would DIE of happiness), Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin (wouldn't that be awesome?), and really whoever they throw at me--except for those tweeny-bopper messes... :boo:
I was just concerned the cameos would be ABC/Disney stars like the cast of Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, High School Musical, Raven Simone or Hannah Montana. I'm glad they're shooting outside of that with people like Jolie and Grodin.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
:smirk: It said "starring"? Hmmm.

If it's a cameo, I think it's a great idea! But, starring? ... Ooooh! Maybe she'd be the bad guy! Then "starring" would be a fine word to use! It would be like saying Charles Grodin starred in The Great Muppet Caper, or Tim Curry starred in Muppet Treasure Island.

:scary: I could so see Angelina Jolie as a Muppet villain. That would be awesome!

Anyway, I agree, the movie needs lotsa cameos. I would love to see Steve Martin work with the Muppets again. There are a lot of people I'd like to see make an appearance in this movie.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Grodin did star in GMC and Tim Curry starred in MTI. Starring depends on how much screen time you are given. Cameos are just spots.

Ange would make an excellent villain - we learned that in Girl Interrupted you know, when she earned the Oscar!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Grodin did star in GMC and Tim Curry starred in MTI. Starring depends on how much screen time you are given. Cameos are just spots.
Well, that's what I meant. If she played the villain, then she would be starring in it, just like Grodin and Curry starred in the Muppet movies that they were in.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*stares* It would be one of the best things ever! Especially if she was the bad-guy, but whoever she was -- cameo, or character, or random -- she would be marvelous. Although she's not always been the most convincing actress, she has true star-power and Tomb-Raider proved that if she can't act, she can at least pull off a British accent.

A guest star I'd die to see with the Muppets is Owen Wilson.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I actually felt like Angelina was better suited for the Ms. Bitterman part than Joan Cusack - who I still love, of course.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gaaaaaaaaaah. *drools* *ahem* Maybe true, but Miss Bitterbuns was sheeeexy h'okay. I mean...er...I'm gunna go sit over here with Pepe...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was just concerned the cameos would be ABC/Disney stars like the cast of Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, High School Musical, Raven Simone or Hannah Montana. I'm glad they're shooting outside of that with people like Jolie and Grodin.
They would BURN the script and say, forget about it if Disney wanted to shove people like that in there.

I'd rather see Angie as a cameo, not a starring role. Not even a starring villain role. Why? because it would become The Angelina Jolie movie featuring the Muppets, and that's not what this film is about.

A Cameo would be cute, but I think someone more B list would work better as a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.