Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll believe all this when I'm sitting around one day, and I suddenly see promos for a new theatrical Muppet movie, until then, I'm taking this as another piece of fluff.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'll believe all this when I'm sitting around one day, and I suddenly see promos for a new theatrical Muppet movie, until then, I'm taking this as another piece of fluff.
I know how you feel, but on the other hand...

"I have learned that faith means trusting in advance what will make sense only in reverse."

AND

"Hope has to do with believing beyond today--knowing there's a garden of beauty that awaits me."

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love fluff! *plays with some pink fluff I found in the pocket of my bathrobe* *giggles* *HHGTTG reference*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still, the way Disney has been, I'm just simply not getting my hopes up.

You know, it's like when you think you're FINALLY going on a vacation, and then SOMETHING comes up; or whenever you move into a place you think you can FINALLY call home, and then the landlords turn out to be crackpots and try to kick you out for such mundane reasons.

Beauregard

Reaction score
You're right, Snowthy...You have plenty of reasons not to trust this...we all do...But it's something that we can hold onto (We can hold onto yon, like invisable strings...) And we're grabbing it!

I know exactly how you feel...I've been let down horribly in real life...But this isn't something that we are hyping up from our end like we did with the Mockumentary. It's something that is being hyped up in Hollywood.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work. You don't give up."

Gotta appreciate inspirational quotes. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're right, Snowthy...You have plenty of reasons not to trust this...we all do...But it's something that we can hold onto (We can hold onto yon, like invisable strings...) And we're grabbing it!

I know exactly how you feel...I've been let down horribly in real life...But this isn't something that we are hyping up from our end like we did with the Mockumentary. It's something that is being hyped up in Hollywood.
Yeah, you've pretty much hit the nail square on the head!

At least, however, on the plus side, we DID recently finally get Season Two of The Muppet Show on DVD, and now we've got Season Three to look forward to!:super:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The way I see it, we've got every right in the world to be optimistic about this. We have PUBLICITY for this thing ALREADY. I mean, gosh, the script hasn't even been written. This is big people. Really big. Disney executives have bought, purchased, and now OWN the rights to the next Muppet theatrical project, and the pitch for it was good, it was classic, it was Muppets. I'd say we can be optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.