Disney Channel stars turning into singers

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In all honesty though, how is this any different than whenever something like, say, KENAN AND KEL, or the original ALL THAT!, or other such shows resurface in recent years?

Oh yeah . . . the big difference is that those shows were good; HANNAH MONTANA wasn't. :stick_out_tongue:

But really, isn't this pretty much old shame for Miley now anyway?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Who cares? Unless you watch Disney Channel regularly, this doesn't affect you in any way.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And it's not that it bothers me, I couldn't care less what DC shows at this point, I was really just noting that it seemed a pretty odd and random choice.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The first episode of the new Disney Channel show Andi Mack was just posted on Youtube, and it's actually pretty good! Now, don't get me wrong, it's still a little cheesy, and has that 13 year old girl who loves fashion and wants to date a boy who already has a jerky girlfriend cliche. But, compared to all of their other shows, it's far more realistic and less over the top, and the main characters are actually likable. The acting isn't bad either. And get this: The episode actually has a legitimately shocking plot twist! That never happens with these shows, but I was actually very surprised by how gutsy the twist was! I was also surprised they had a subtle, yet clever period joke. There's no way Disney would've gotten away with even briefly alluding to a period on any of their other shows. But, c'mon, literally their entire target audience has had or is about to have one, so why hide it from them?
This is the type of show Disney should've been making for a long time. It's really a throw back to shows like Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire. I really hope this show is a success, so they continue to make more shows like it and Disney Channel returns to form. I hope it has a good run and doesn't end up sucking like Girl Meets World did after it's first season.

If you've been as frustrated as I have by Disney Channel's decline in quality, do yourself a favor and watch the pilot of this show: