1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Disability Corner

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Boober_Gorg, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I also really like this picture made by my one of my favorite YouTubers, cartoonlover98:
    [​IMG]

2. 123Sunny

123Sunny Well-Known Member

My mum has chronic migraines, so I've seen exactly what they can do to a person. Even though some new therapies an medicines she's on help, she still can have trouble saying words right, though not as bad, more just mispronunciation. She's gotten the auras and all the things you've mentioned too.

My bro and I have had them too nowhere near chronically.

3. 123Sunny

That show's a little violent to me, but that's awesome. I agree that OCD is hardly ever portrayed any way then as comic relief weirdos. The new show Speechless also portrays disabilities incredibly well. The main character has cerebral palsy, which is more a physical disability, but the way he gets treated is so relatable and real to me. I recommend it to anyone!!

Anyone else seen this show??

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. Flaky Pudding

I've seen Spechless. It's funny, especially because Barry Kripke from The Big Bang Theory is in it, :D.

RedPiggy and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  5. 123Sunny

Never seen Big Bang Theory. Which character does Barry play in Speechless??

6. Flaky Pudding

Jimmy Dimeo

7. 123Sunny

The dad right? I love him!

8. Flaky Pudding

I had a friend all through elementary school who had Aspergers. He was a very nice, extremely smart, straight A student kid but something about him concerned me:he couldn't tell the difference fiction and reality. He thought Transformers, the cars from Cars, and Spongebob were actually real. The teachers would frequently tell them that the stuff is made up, but he didn't believe them. This really worried me because I thought that one day, he might see a horror movie or read a creepypasta and try to kill somebody because of it (like those girls who tried to sacrifice their friend to Slenderman and killed her). I constantly thought about and prayed for this boy and the teachers tried to hard to break him of this, until one day, he was talking to the teacher about Transformers and I heard him say,
    "Transformers aren't real, their just a movie!"
    I was relieved to hear that, but I have a question:Is not being able to tell fiction from reality a common symptom of Autism? I have something very similar to Autism and I've never had that problem (nor has anybody else I know with the disorder), I knew Muppets were puppets when I was 5-years-old, but anyway, I'm not trying to offend anybody, I'm just curious!

9. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

I have Aspergers. I'm obsessed with Touhou, Toonami, ReBoot, and Mega Man right now, as well as Muppets (a bit). @DipperDude yes I have had that too, especially when I was younger, I still have crushes on fictional people, right now it's TOM from Toonami. I'm afraid of weird things and if something is irrational it's usually for 2 days and then it's gone. My mantra is "fear is the mind killer" (I heard that in Rez but it pre-dates it)

I'm really smart for a 14-year-old and have been writing since I was 10. I want to write scripts for movies and web animations and stuff. You might even mistake me for a 21-year-old.

10. Flaky Pudding

I want to be a writer as well and don't worry about fictional crushes, I currently have a crush on this lovely lady:
    [​IMG]
    I know she's a chipmunk, but I am still attracted to her. I also kinda like Roberta from The Cleveland Show and Lurleen from The Simpsons. I also have weird fears myself like when I was little I was scared of the Yip-Yips from Sesame Street and now I have a fear of getting my clothes wet, not kidding in the least.

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  11. Luke kun

It didn't help that Kermit was terrified of them. :laugh:

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  12. Flaky Pudding

I know right! I remember watching Elmopalooza when I was 3 and running out of the room screaming and crying at the Yip-Yip's brief appearance.

13. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i was never scared of the yip yips, i always thought that they were funny looking, when i was a kid, i always laughed at the sound that they made.

Luke kun likes this.
  14. Luke kun

Very brief cameo haha.
    But now I think it's hilarious that Kermit is terrified of them, that skit was one of the best news flash skits

15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I just finally learned to tie my shoes! I'm so proud of myself right now!

16. Flaky Pudding

Congratulations! I am SO happy to hear that! :)

17. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

that's great !:) i knew you could do it.

18. MikaelaMuppet

Thank you! :) I was really happy when I was finally able to do it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Flaky Pudding likes this.
  19. MikaelaMuppet

Thanks! :) I knew I could do it as well.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  20. Flaky Pudding

I am finally off my ADHD medicine for good today, :). It has been such a struggle for me as I dealt with a lot of emotional problems but now I never have to take that medicine again. The thing is, I couldn't have been able to do this even as late as last year, even though I had some emotional problems and attention problems, I was able to go through with this. My very supportive parents told me that they would put me back on my medicine if I needed it, but I am very proud of myself that I was able to go all the way. By the way, if your reading this Mom and Dad, thanks for all the wonderful help and support you've given me over the years, love you, >3. We tried taking me of my meds when I was like 7 or 8 (I believe I was closer to 8) and trust me, I was like Fred Figglehorn in the episode "Fred Loses his Meds", in other words, I felt completely uncomfortable in my own skin. I would get angry all the time, cry a lot, and say mean things I didn't mean because of it. But now, I'm completely happy, which is why my avatar is a Happy Tree Friend, not a Sad Tree Friend, am I right? XD! We also took me off my meds when I was 13 and 16 and I wasn't able to live with it then either but now that I'm finally off and feel happier than I ever have, this is the best accomplishment of my life so far and I am SO extremely proud of myself.