Disability Corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It takes a lot to get approved for Disability. It would take notes from several doctors to say you can’t do this work, you can only stand for this long, you can only lift this much, etc.
That's why I have been having consultations with both my chiropractor (who, of course, will be able to provide X-rays, and other documentations) and my primary physician (who was the first to actually diagnose me with sciatica when I had my first episode of it years ago).

Otherwise, I'm already aware of how weird the process can be, even in this very state; my chiropractor mentioned to me that a number of their patients have tried filing for Disability with some varying results, some have tried filing with the aid of an attorney, some haven't; some who are is really poor shape have been rejected, while some who are only in marginal condition have been approved. I'm not expecting this to be an easy process, and it may only provide me just to enough to get by with, I'm not sure what they'll actually say, but it's still something that I've finally decided to look into.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, I hope it works out for you. It’s a high bar to clear, because many try to cheat the system. They. Caught one guy who claimed he couldn’t work because of his back. Once he got approved, h posted a video of himself on Facebook dancing at a club.
Someone got wise and his claim was revoked.

But the more X-rays, doctors notes, hospital notes, etc, you can arm yourself with, the better. Disability is administered by the same people who handle Social Security. You bring your paperwork with you, and someone will interview you and review your case.
Whatever you do during this interview, DON’T LIE!!! They are very wise to scammers.
You might not get approved right away. It might take a day or so to find out.
Fortunately I did, but only because I was armed to the teeth, plus the fact at that time I was on dialysis for a few months. That tipped the scales in my favor.
A year later I was off dialysis, and my claim got adjusted. I now get three dollars less a month. That’s not enough to break me. But every so often they may update your files.
Once again if they update your status, DON’T LIE!!!!!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, if I ever end up having a bad back (god forbid), I want to turn it into a good laughing situation.

“Oops, my back is being poopy again”

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It’s a high bar to clear, because many try to cheat the system.
Like I said, it had been suggested to me over the years that I consider looking into it, but I was always reluctant to do so, again, because I'm otherwise young and healthy, I felt like to try to get on Disability was such a dishonest, George Costanza thing to do. However, again, just the fact that within a year's span of time, I've had another major sciatica flare-up as well as throwing my back out two other times, all of which were the results of me just doing things I would ordinarily do under ordinary circumstances has made me realize that I probably should consider looking into this as an option.