Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another Mupdate courtesy of toughpigs.

DST will be offering the EM figures released in December for $24.99 in the following lineup.
Animal with his drumkit rerelease.
Floyd and Janice 2-pack rerelease.
Dr. Teeth and Zoot 2-pack rerelease.

Could the Muppet figure market be ripe for future expansions again? :skeptical:

MWoO

Reaction score
So basically i didnt need to spend over 130 bucks and buy multiples of figures i already had. Great.

MuppetVision

Reaction score
Hi all! I legit haven't been on this site in a long, long, long, long time! But I'm back!

I'm just hearing of these figures - are the quality as good as the Palaside ones? Those were amazing - I'm still sad I never got my hands on a backstage set and that they canceled the Sesame Street line and the Vet Hospital Play set : /

Edit: I just looked up my last post and it was in March of 2012! Time flies!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Hi all! I legit haven't been on this site in a long, long, long, long time! But I'm back!

I'm just hearing of these figures - are the quality as good as the Palaside ones? Those were amazing - I'm still sad I never got my hands on a backstage set and that they canceled the Sesame Street line and the Vet Hospital Play set : /

Edit: I just looked up my last post and it was in March of 2012! Time flies!
No, these are not in the same league as the Palisades figs. Kermit's pupils are massive (over-painted), totally ruining the figure; some of the sculpts feel off, some of the figures can't stand, Animal's drum set is a nightmare to stand, etc. If Palisades is a 10/10, I will be generous and give Diamond a 7.

MWoO

Reaction score
I think it depends what you are looking for in your figures. While Palisades was great for the time, many of the figures are fairly outdated in terms of articulation. The paint apps are far superior in most cases and the sculpts are mostly spot on, but there are some misses and often with the bigger name characters like Piggy and Fozzie. You also have your home runs like the series 5 Gonzo. Accessories abound, but the scale is its own animal that doesn't really work with other lines (if you care about that kind of thing). They also take up a lot of space because of how large they are.

DST has far better articulation with minimal sculpt compromise. The likenesses are better for characters Palisades didn't quite get right like Piggy, Fozzie, Scooter, Rowlf, Crazy Harry, Beaker, etc. The scale works with 1:10th scale figures, which is why DST and NECA tend to make so you can get a variety of human figures in scale with the Muppets. Some likenesses are worse though, like Chef, Kermit, Gonzo. Characters with closed jackets have them closed which is accurate. Palisades left them open in many cases to show a more interesting, though less accurate outfit. DST also gave us stuff Palisades didn't. A balcony, an upright piano, Bean, FooFoo. There is a lot of good with the DST stuff.

Personally, I like to combine Palisades and DST. The DST figures are perfect for the Palisades playsets. The range of motion of the DST figures is great and the size is better for someone who lacks space. My backstage set is full of DST figures, without them being too crowded.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Question: How does the DST articulated Robin figure compare against the two Palisades Frog Scouts and/or the Palisades Kermit figures in terms of height/similarities?

MWoO

Reaction score
Your setup is absolutely brilliant.
Thank you. I just got Dr. Teeth and Zoot in the mail and will be adding them in. May snap another picture when I do.

The box for Dr. Teeth and Zoot is way bigger than it needed to be and have very little in it. Just a keyboard and a sax with the figures. No mics, music stands, lights, nothing. Dr. Teeth's arm was popped out of the torso, but went back in easy. The arms are super thin and yet have hinge and swivel elbows. Feels fragile, but works well. No other way to get articulation in there.

I was hoping that Sam and Rizzo would come with more than what is shown, but I fear what we see is what we will get for $29.99. We have come a long way from series 1-3 where we got a load of accessories, pack-in characters, and even a full balcony for the same price.

MWoO

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone is waiting for the SDCC Bunsen and Beaker variant, but it seems that Big Bad Toy Store is finally getting these in soon and will be shipping pre-orders. I was going to pass on it like I did the Chef variant, but I really like that Beaker figure so I caved on this one.