Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

GoldHattedGonzo

Reaction score
It's even more interesting considering that, according to a photo on The Muppet Collection Page, it was due to High-demand. Where was the demand the first time?

I do hope that they use this as an opportunity to fix some of the poor paint applications from wave one, though.

MWoO

Reaction score
So bizarre... I'm not sure why they didn't just finish the final wave and call it a day.
I think they are trying to push out product they already tooled so it's cheaper to make. Plus these are roughly the same price per pack with less stuff which helps. And with Muppets Now around the corner, they can have all the heavy hitters out at one time and maybe get some people that missed out when the line started.

This may lead to a continuation of the line, giving us Rizzo and Sam and maybe even a few more. We certainly need Snowths.

MWoO

Reaction score
I got my EM band exclusive set in the mail today, just opened the brown box and man this set looks great just being in the box. I am not usually one to keep my figures in their packaging, but dang it looks good.

jobi71

Reaction score
I got my EM band exclusive set in the mail today, just opened the brown box and man this set looks great just being in the box. I am not usually one to keep my figures in their packaging, but dang it looks good.
I am glad to hear the figures are being well received. As Blue Frackle said these will probably close out the line. Unless and it is a big jump - unless the sales are gangbusters and Muppets Now is well received and reviewed. That might light the spark to go ahead with the Sam/Rizzo set or if they have not started on them maybe a set featuring characters from the new show Deadly and maybe Beverly Plume will be a break out character. The response to the show has to be really warm and exciting for any of this to even be considered.

While we are day dreaming I too think an effort should be made with The Snowths. Diamond Select would get two characters with just one mold. And if they wanted some pack ins another Penquin and Chicken expands the chorus. If they repainted the Robin figure blue (that bright blue some of the frogs are) would he still look too much like Robin? Or pass as another Frog? One could collect The Muppet Glee Club from Season 1. ;-)

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Our very own @jvcarroll pitched a theater playset to Diamond which I assume they had no interest in:

Someone in the Facebook comments (Muppet Collection Page) made a good point that considering the overpriced EM set, this would probably be astronomical and undoable.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So, continuing the trend of SDCC released exclusives, toughpigs posted that it's been announced this year will see the release of :concern: and :eek: Lab Accident 2-pack.

I'm a bit disappointed, but there's always next year for DST to hopefully release their :attitude: :rolleyes: and :shifty: 3-pack to complete what is their S4 lineup.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So, continuing the trend of SDCC released exclusives, toughpigs posted that it's been announced this year will see the release of :concern: and :eek: Lab Accident 2-pack.

I'm a bit disappointed, but there's always next year for DST to hopefully release their :attitude: :rolleyes: and :shifty: 3-pack to complete what is their S4 lineup.
Pépe wasn't even a thing for DST, only Sam and Rizzo.