Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Why couldn’t they just release the figures we’ve been wanting?! I feel the mini-mates were a WASTE!
Good question... I think this is a convention exclusive, so it should pretty inconsequential either way.

MWoO

Reaction score
Sadly, the Messy Chef was limited to only 500 pieces, but is STILL in stock a year later on their site. They also have a lot of other figures still in stock on their site that haven't moved. That is not a great sign.

However, the is good news, depending on how you look at it, is that Big Bad Toy Store has a listing for an SDCC exclusive Electric Mayhem Box Set that includes 5 members of the Electric Mayhem. It's also $120 before tax and shipping. It's also the only way to get Zoot and Dr. Teeth that I am aware of.

This has not yet been officially announced by Diamond Select as far as I know and is only on Big Bad Toy Store at this time. It is possible that they have it listed at more than the MSRP, but either way if you want the whole band you will need to rebuy Janice, Floyd, and Animal.

Edit: Expect more details from Diamond Select tomorrow or Friday as they still have 2 days left of official reveals. Looks like Big Bad Toy Store jumped the gun. I am hoping we see in box pictures and maybe a reveal of more accessories.

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm not expecting new accessories, but I'm expecting a nice package to compensate for that huge price tag.

GoldHattedGonzo

Reaction score
Palisades Zoot is also much larger, more detailed, and retailed for $10. Obviously that wouldn't happen today, but I have a hard time believing that a 3 inch figure is alone worth $25. (Don't get me wrong, I'm still super hyped for this set.)

MWoO

Reaction score
Well, worth is relative. Palisades Zoot is also less articulated and from 2004 or so. Figures at that price just don't exist anymore. Not to mention it was made in much larger numbers.

In this case, the set is $120 because it contains 2 figures with all new tooling, is only produced in qtys of 3000, and has a detailed box meant to act as a display piece. Is this ideal? No. But DST kept their word and did everything they could to get this put there. I feel like most companies would have just forgotten about this and moved on.

MWoO

Reaction score
Truthfully... if they could have surprised us with Lips... I'd be all over this set without a problem. At 120, plus tax, plus shipping... it was a hard choice, but I bit.

FYI, I hear Big Bad Toy Store may have already sold out. Anyone who wants one will need to search for another online retailer.