Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Random numbers

Reaction score
Hmm, sounds like a repackaging of S1 and S3 figures. Oh well, variants do help the line stay active and visible. *Shrug.
I hope this means the next two-pack announcement will be right around the corner. DST originally said they were targeting it going up for pre-order in late May. I appreciate them doing what they can to keep this line viable.

Grumpo

Reaction score
The next set is up for pre-order. A backstage set with Bean Bunny & Mahna Mahna.
muppet-stuff.blogpost said:
We reached out to Diamond Select to clarify, it is not a "Playset" like Palisade's release, but just a box designed to look like the backstage of the theater, similar to DST Electric Mayhem SDCC exclusive stage set a few years ago.

If you haven't picked up these figures yet, this is a great way to display them, unfortunately it's not a playset as many have asked for, not does it come the accessories the previous releases had.
Oh well... and i just had my hopes up =)

Random numbers

Reaction score
They're showing off Pepe and Uncle Deadly at SDCC. And "already thinking about the next figures in the line"!
I'm so excited for these two figures and so happy the next figures may not be too far away! Although, Pepe and Uncle Deadly aren't supposed to be available until next summer. Hopefully, that is just an overly cautious date. I also hope they announce the next two figures before then. Keeping my fingers crossed for Lew Zealand and Lips.

Awesome news! It's great this line is continuing, although slowly.

Random numbers

Reaction score
Lips would definitely come with his trumpet but would Lew come with a throwing fish AND a Swordfish?
Which then begs the question: what does Pepe and Uncle Deadly come with?
On 'The Muppet Collection Page' Facebook page, folks were guessing that Pepe and Uncle Deadly could come with martini glasses, a cellphone, a phonograph (originally supposed to be with Sam and Rizzo), or the old timey camera (originally shown with the wave 1 figures). Those seem like good guesses to me. Do you have any other guesses?

For next figures, my guess is that Lips and Walter will be next followed by Sweetums. That's assuming the figures continue to sell well enough. I am not sure who would come after that. Maybe Lew Zealand and Bobo or Beauregard. I'm really hoping for Lew, but I'm not sure if he is popular enough. They did make Crazy Harry, which is giving me some hope.

Other thoughts on which Muppets will be next? Hopefully we don't have to wait two years before finding out.

My current wishlist is:
1. Lew Zealand
2. Lips
3. Beauregard
4. Pops
5. The Muppet Newsman
6. Link Hogthrob
7. Sweetums

I hope DST makes at least 3 of those.

archiegold

Reaction score
On 'The Muppet Collection Page' Facebook page, folks were guessing that Pepe and Uncle Deadly could come with martini glasses, a cellphone, a phonograph (originally supposed to be with Sam and Rizzo), or the old timey camera (originally shown with the wave 1 figures). Those seem like good guesses to me. Do you have any other guesses?
Oh, I hope they do include the old reel to reel camera with those. That would go great with Uncle Deadly.

Walter isn’t scary enough to fit in with my original viewing experiences of the Muppets. When I watched The Muppet Show at the age of 8, I was constantly on edge and fearful of the next bit of violence or catastrophic event some Muppet would cause. It was great!
So my personal choice wouldn’t be Walter. But I would still buy him without thinking about it.

Random numbers

Reaction score
So my personal choice wouldn’t be Walter. But I would still buy him without thinking about it.
I agree completely. Walter is not the top of my wishlist, but I would definitely buy a figure of him, especially if he is packaged with Lips.

Which Muppets do folks want to see figures of after Deadly and Pepe? As I've probably said too many times here, I'm hoping for Lew Zealand and Lips. I'm curious who everyone else wants.

Uncledeadly12

Reaction score
For me, I want to see Lips, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Lew Zealand, Marvin Suggs, the Snowths, Beauregard, The Newsman, Annie Sue, Wayne, Wanda, Nigel (The Conductor), Johnny Fiama, Sal, Big Mean Carl, Sweetums, Pops, Angus McGonagle, Clueless Morgan, Polly Lobster, Mad Monty, Blind Pew, Black Dog, Old Tom, Real Old Tom, Dead Tom, George the Janitor, Walter, Constantine, Beverly Plume, and Joe the Legal Weasel. And maybe rereleases of Crazy Harry and Mahna Mahna would be great as well.