D23 Expo: Muppet news and happenings

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. Seems like we found everything but what's going on with Steve. Sorry if I sound too obsessed over that. I know I mentioned it in a lot of my posts, but I know where all a little concerned about this. Hopefully, he'll continue to perform Kermit in these new appearances.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Then they showed a clip of Pepe standing in front of Muppet Vision and saying that he believed there was a lack of Pepe in the parks.
He said they should rename it "The Enchanted Pepe Room" and sang "In the Pepe, Pepe, Pepe, Pepe, Pepe Room..."

Muppet Vision is getting the Disney Digital 3D treatment, a new Preshow, and new posters that include one of Kermit as Jack Sparrow walking through the mist like the Pirates 3 poster, one of Miss Piggy as Hannah Montana like the Hannah Montana live poster, and one other that I can't recall.
I think the Kermit one was "Pirates of the Amphibian" and the Piggy one was "Hammah Montana".

There will be a new book coming out called "Statler and Waldorf: From The Balcony", then they raffled away the 3 existing humor books (Kermit, Piggy, and Pepe)
They also said that Statler and Waldorf have appeared on Jimmy Kimmel (they heckled Jason Segel when he was on) and would continue to appear on his show from time to time.

Boom! Comics will be releasing a Muppets Peter Pan Comic, the artwork looked similar to the Muppets Robin Hood ones. Then they announced there will be a Pigs in Space Comic coming out, but did not show any cover art.
The Pigs in Space comic is also going to be written and drawn by Roger Langridge.

Muppet Whatnot Experience, AMAZING! At some point there will be a contest, if you win, you will design a Whatnot and it will star in YouTube videos with the MUPPETS! The point is you will get to Puppeteer along side the Muppet Performers.
Yes, they said you will GET LESSONS and then appear in a YouTube video with them.

New Tonner dolls were shown, the highlight being a Pigs in Space Piggy.
They actually already had the prototype for Pigs in Space Piggy on display at Comic-Con.

:stick_out_tongue:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
The Tonner Dolls are available now, My First Mate Piggy arrived today here in UK and is now in my cabinet.

Chris

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
This is one of my First posts here on this Forum! :smile: I been fan of this site and Reader but now decided to come back and start talking with other Muppet fans! I just want to thanks everyone who posted all the news here in this Thread its great and I am glad to see the Muppets will still be active in the Coming months and years! I was really excited reading all the news! I Can't wait for MS S4! and The new Sesame Street 40th years DVD to Come out! :smile:

Amy

Reaction score
First of all, anyone thinking this presentation would be anything other than Disney massively back-patting itself doesn't know much about the Walt Disney Company.
It was a massive ad spiel for everything the Muppets would be doing, so there was no WAY we would get any dirt on the Muppeteers.

Having said that, the 'WHOOS!' people might have heard when the Boom! comics were mentioned - that was me and Grace Randolph (Team Muppet Peter Pan) and Robin Hood writer Tim Beedle :big_grin:

Man, I have never seen my artwork that big before....it was exciting and unnerving at the same time :confused:

Thanks to the people who actually FOUND us at the Boom! booth and bought some comics. Really, compared to all the price-gouging 'collectable' dealers there, our comics were the bargain of the Expo :wink:

MWoO

Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of good news. I do hope all of it actually happens. I mean, I never thought we would be 10 years without a Muppet movie (in theaters). I want to see what they can do now.

BUT I must say that the new Gonzo puppet looks weird. It looks more like a fan made puppet than Gonzo. They really need to fix that like....now.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
BUT I must say that the new Gonzo puppet looks weird. It looks more like a fan made puppet than Gonzo. They really need to fix that like....now.
noticed that too, his pupils seemed a little small was one thing that erked me

beaker

Reaction score
First of all, anyone thinking this presentation would be anything other than Disney massively back-patting itself doesn't know much about the Walt Disney Company.
It was a massive ad spiel for everything the Muppets would be doing, so there was no WAY we would get any dirt on the Muppeteers.

Having said that, the 'WHOOS!' people might have heard when the Boom! comics were mentioned - that was me and Grace Randolph (Team Muppet Peter Pan) and Robin Hood writer Tim Beedle :big_grin:

Man, I have never seen my artwork that big before....it was exciting and unnerving at the same time :confused:

Thanks to the people who actually FOUND us at the Boom! booth and bought some comics. Really, compared to all the price-gouging 'collectable' dealers there, our comics were the bargain of the Expo :wink:
That so rocks your work got to be celebrated like that! I definitely dig your art style, both on the Muppet and Pixar front.

I was planning on making it down for D23 as well as Disneyland with family but financial and work things put the kaibosh on that. Just good seeing a fellow comic artist making it!

And yeah, I can imagine the insane prices at the convention.
Did you get to meet the Muppeteers/Muppets?