D23 Expo: Muppet news and happenings

Luke

Reaction score
OMG .. and they're on a model of that Disney steamship, which they were also on in the Disney commercial filming.

Maybe they are gonna announce something big muppety in the theme parks.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OMG .. and they're on a model of that Disney steamship, which they were also on in the Disney commercial filming.

Maybe they are gonna announce something big muppety in the theme parks.
I KNOW! I'm... STUNNED! I am SO happy! I can't wait for the Muppet presentation on Sunday! LOOK at that! Lew ZEALAND and SCOOTER are there! And the BAND! Wow. Wow. WOOOOOW!

What really blew me away was that they actually GAVE them an introduction! How cool is that? They actually got introduced in the middle of a conference with Disney CHAIRMAN Dick Cook. They've hit the big time--again! :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
Surely they arent gonna Muppet theme the Mark Twain Steamboat and do "Muppet Cruises" are they? I could think of some great possibilites there.

Yea its good to see them being given top billing at this, big advantage to Breier being Muppet boss is also being events boss. lol

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There's the Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made created as an idea by Jim Henson when Gonzo blows the movie budget on the opening credits resulting in the remainder of the film being shot in the same back lot clumsily redressed to look like different locations around the world.

Then there's the Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made created by Jason Segel that has the Muppets uniting around the globe to save the Muppet Theater from an oil tycoon.

That makes me wonder what exactly this new project really is. One, the other or maybe a mixture of both? And maybe the cancellation of the Halloween special has bumped up a theatrical offering.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hold on that was the script that Jim Henson and Jerry Jule where working on was it not.

Luke

Reaction score
I think he's confused with "Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made" which Jamie mentioned. This is nothing new, but good to get confirmation - if Diz announce it there, its a go!

Hoping for some parks news too!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yahoo! has just posted a story about it. Who knows if this is still true that it's "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" and not the Greatest, but still... it's an announcement. This is HUGE!