COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
This is just wrong on so many levels.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, we can’t stay in lockdown forever. Eventually companies will run out of money to keep employees afloat. Unemployment will get depleted at some point, and they only way to keep the coffers filled is more taxes for those still working.

I’ll say this. Among companies, Disney has done a tremendous job of paying their employees and keeping their health coverage going. The glaring omission is that their six biggest executives have forgone their salaries, but are still collecting bonuses. They’ve given up their salaries to cover for their 50,000 employees (Disney is Florida’s biggest employer), but the six heavies are still getting compensation in the millions. Nothing like giving til it hurts.

individual states do have the authority to ease guidelines to open up areas again. It’s possible in more rural areas than somewhere crowded like New York. But that should be at a state’s discretion, not having a blanket policy for the whole country.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, we can’t stay in lockdown forever.
Maybe not, but people are acting like a bunch of little toddlers who got put into a corner for timeout over all of this . . . people are dying, hospitals are on the verge of collapsing, but all these people can do is think of themselves. We're all supposed to be in this together . . . clearly, we're not coming together for each other like after 9-11 as some people thought we would, but still, this is just nothing but pure, unadulterated selfishness. I want to go back to normal life as well, but I also want all of us to get through this pandemic in the best possible way to keep death rates low, and to keep our healthcare system from completely collapsing, and the only way to do that is to keep staying at home, keep distancing and isolating ourselves to try and flatten the curve.

Plus, it'd help matters a lot more if the U.S. took a hint from other countries like Canada and actually made sure the people are taken care of, rather than worrying about profits.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that’s society for ya. People are just so fake with this ****. Pretending to care about other’s safety until this is over and boom, back to our individual first world problems in life.

My food for thought - I appreciate all the help everyone is giving to us, and I do wish all the best for everyone because I understand we’re all stressed and frustrated from feeling like we can’t go anywhere, along with the fact that many of us our now unemployed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get that unemployment is a major problem right now, which is why we should be doing like Canada is doing: cut everybody a monthly check instead of a one-time check, and waive people's rent and bills for the time being - this is what Trudeaux is actually talking about: people shouldn't have to worry about things like this during a time of uncertainty, where our health and safety should be the top priority. . . . But, of course, this is 'Murica! Profits before people!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
“Hey, bro, so like..... we totally understand you had to reside from your job because of this unfortunate virus, and like, we TOTALLY, like, COMPLETELY understand you’re under a lot of stress and depression because you’re unemployed and haven’t been able to earn money to live, like, we completely sympathize with your frustrations..... but your rent is incredibly late and you’d better pay soon or you’re going to have to live somewhere else.”

-Murica

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
“Hey, bro, so like..... we totally understand you had to reside from your job because of this unfortunate virus, and like, we TOTALLY, like, COMPLETELY understand you’re under a lot of stress and depression because you’re unemployed and haven’t been able to earn money to life, like, we completely sympathize with your frustrations..... but your rent is incredibly late and you’d better pay soon or you’re going to have to live somewhere else.”

-Murica
It's like that scene from "The Godfather", "**** YOU! PAY ME!"

MWoO

Reaction score
Pretty sure all states will end up keeping schools closed for the rest of the year. At this point it just wouldn't make sense to reopen them. Lesson plans would need to be reworked, custodial staff would need to be reactivated, etc. Besides, before schools closed parents were keeping their kids home anyway so even if they reopened I would bet most parents would keep their kids home still.