COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It sure does seem to be infecting a lot of people in the music industry, doesn't it?

But man, everyday, new information about COVID-19 just keeps getting bleaker and bleaker. According to the Weather Channel, apparently now the virus can be spread . . . just by breathing. I can't even . . . I mean, what's next? How long till the virus can be spread just by people waking up in the morning?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Please tell me you got this from a source that isn’t liberal-biased.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
But man, everyday, new information about COVID-19 just keeps getting bleaker and bleaker. According to the Weather Channel, apparently now the virus can be spread . . . just by breathing. I can't even . . . I mean, what's next? How long till the virus can be spread just by people waking up in the morning?
Dude, how far behind are you? It’s passed on by droplets. Droplets can be passed on just by breathing. Have you been living under a genuine rock? This was obvious as soon as you started to pay attention to the disease. Christ.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

MWoO

Reaction score
Dude, how far behind are you? It’s passed on by droplets. Droplets can be passed on just by breathing. Have you been living under a genuine rock? This was obvious as soon as you started to pay attention to the disease. Christ.
Ok... so... this is where I actually DEFEND @D'Snowth. Not for his reaction to this post though, but for the comment about breathing...

Most research has shown that the virus spreads via droplets. A virus that is spread by droplets does not spread through breathing. It will spread through cough and sneezes which in turn aerosolize the droplets. The force of the sneeze or cough breaks larger drops into tiny drops that can hang in the air if a room has little to no air circulation. If the air is humid, the droplets last even longer.

The CDC still states that the virus can not be spread by normal breathing as normal breathing does not aerosolize the droplets. To do so would require a large amount of force, such as a sneeze, and normal breathing does not produce this force. However, Dr. Harvey Fineberg stated that there are some studies that show the virus can be spread through normal breathing. The virus itself is not changing though, we are just doing more research and finding things out that we did not know before. That is where I take issue with what @D'Snowth said in the second part of his comment.

Sooo... technically D'Snowth was correct on this one... in that one doctor has sited some studies that show regular breathing may also spread the virus, whereas before it was believed this was not the case.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Ok... so... this is where I actually DEFEND @D'Snowth. Not for his reaction to this post though, but for the comment about breathing...

Most research has shown that the virus spreads via droplets. A virus that is spread by droplets does not spread through breathing. It will spread through cough and sneezes which in turn aerosolize the droplets. The force of the sneeze or cough breaks larger drops into tiny drops that can hang in the air if a room has little to no air circulation. If the air is humid, the droplets last even longer.

The CDC still states that the virus can not be spread by normal breathing as normal breathing does not aerosolize the droplets. To do so would require a large amount of force, such as a sneeze, and normal breathing does not produce this force. However, Dr. Harvey Fineberg stated that there are some studies that show the virus can be spread through normal breathing. The virus itself is not changing though, we are just doing more research and finding things out that we did not know before. That is where I take issue with what @D'Snowth said in the second part of his comment.

Sooo... technically D'Snowth was correct on this one... in that one doctor has sited some studies that show regular breathing may also spread the virus, whereas before it was believed this was not the case.
There is still a lot of debate whether it can be spread by breathing. Experts can't seem to agree on this. It seems like there is a lot to learn about this virus yet. And given it's potential it is wise to err on the side of caution.

Old Thunder

Reaction score

In that case I stand corrected. I suppose I put two and two together at the start and assumed this was old news. My mistake.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
If it can be transmitted just by breathing, then I’m screwed. Because I went to get the mail today and there was a couple people on the sidewalk so I moved on the grass next to it and we passed by each other. I didn’t realize until later that I completely broke the social distancing guidelines! If I get the virus, it’ll be my own fault!