COVID-19 Coronavirus News and Updates

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meanwhile, our beloved President is very proud of what he's accomplished during this pandemic: his daily press briefings have been bringing in yuge viewership and ratings for him!

mariolover

Reaction score
Social distancing has been extended to April 30th! This means probably no hanging out with friends, which I was hoping to be able to do sometime in April.

Now it looks like I will have to wait until at least May to hang out with people!

I am sad. I've already been sad and bored stuck inside with not much to do except run, play video games, watch movies, and FaceTime people.

I can't wait until I finally get to hang out with friends and get out of this boredom!

MWoO

Reaction score
Meanwhile, our beloved President is very proud of what he's accomplished during this pandemic: his daily press briefings have been bringing in yuge viewership and ratings for him!
There are time when I watch a full Trump speech in order to get context for the clips many play. Not going to lie, the man is not a good speaker. When I listen to him for an extended period of time, I often wonder if he has had a stroke or if I have....

That being said, it seems like the actual situation in the country regarding the virus itself is not as dire as it has been made out to be. A lot of the issues we have were caused by panic and a rush to implement plans with no exit strategy.

Cuomo himself has said a lot of the same things Trump has said, such as our increased number of cases are primarily due to the amount of testing we have done and continue to do. Yes, we have far more cases than China, but we also have a much lower mortality rate because we aren't just testing the people that are dying.

It would be nice if Trump had the ability to speak in a semi-eloquent way. I think if he could just do that he would be cut just a little more slack.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
True, speech wise, Obama he ain’t. But if this happened during Obama’s watch, I don’t know if he would’ve handled it any differently.

I feel for Any Del. Three weeks ago, an older friend at my church lost his mom. She was 101. The virus just started to spread, and they had to cancel the viewing and the only ones present for the funeral were my friend, his wife, and the undertaker. No flowers, no eulogy, no nothing. Just a few minutes at the grave.

It’s bad enough losing his mom (the virus didn’t kill her, she was on borrowed time for a while) but it must’ve been heartbreaking not to give her a proper send off.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
There are time when I watch a full Trump speech in order to get context for the clips many play. Not going to lie, the man is not a good speaker. When I listen to him for an extended period of time, I often wonder if he has had a stroke or if I have....

That being said, it seems like the actual situation in the country regarding the virus itself is not as dire as it has been made out to be. A lot of the issues we have were caused by panic and a rush to implement plans with no exit strategy.

Cuomo himself has said a lot of the same things Trump has said, such as our increased number of cases are primarily due to the amount of testing we have done and continue to do. Yes, we have far more cases than China, but we also have a much lower mortality rate because we aren't just testing the people that are dying.

It would be nice if Trump had the ability to speak in a semi-eloquent way. I think if he could just do that he would be cut just a little more slack.
President Trump needs to step aside when doing these news briefings on COVID-19 and let the experts do the press conference and answer questions. During the Gulf War President Bush let the generals do the press briefings. Same needs to be done here.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
True, speech wise, Obama he ain’t. But if this happened during Obama’s watch, I don’t know if he would’ve handled it any differently.

I feel for Any Del. Three weeks ago, an older friend at my church lost his mom. She was 101. The virus just started to spread, and they had to cancel the viewing and the only ones present for the funeral were my friend, his wife, and the undertaker. No flowers, no eulogy, no nothing. Just a few minutes at the grave.

It’s bad enough losing his mom (the virus didn’t kill her, she was on borrowed time for a while) but it must’ve been heartbreaking not to give her a proper send off.
That is one of the saddest things about this virus. Not only are funerals limited (or postponed) but if you have a relative get sick from it you cannot visit them. Those that die of it, die alone in the hospital without any proper goodbyes or loved ones at the bedside.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

You didn’t have a stroke and neither did he. Take it from somebody that lived through one. Maybe Trump had gas, but not a stroke.