Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

Any Del

Reaction score
Going through my old tapes, I just remembered that the Season 2 premiere, "The Magic Tree of Nowhere/Robot Randy" was the only episode that did not originally air as part of CCF like the rest of the series usually did; I'd have to look through an old calendar to see what day it was, but I know it premiered on Halloween night in 2000.

As such, I believe it was also the only episode of the series to have a promotional trailer.
It was a Tuesday that year. Back in the day Courage aired on Tuesday nights at 8pm.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
8:00 was a common time slot for new episodes of Cartoon Cartoons in the beginning. I remember in 1997, Mondays at 8:00 was for new Johnny Bravo, Tuesdays at 8:00 was for new Cow and Chicken, Wednesdays at 8:00 was for new Dexter, Thursdays at 8:00 was the WAC show, and, of course, Fridays at 8:00 were the repeats from the previous week, and that was pretty much what CCF was back then.

Any Del

Reaction score
If only Cartoon Network would go back to how it once was. Hopefully back it's 30th anniversary they're going to unleash the big guns.

Edit: Holy $h*! Next year would be Cartoon Network's 30th anniversary! Man time fly!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dude yes. Cartoon Network from 1997 to 2004 was such a magical time.

Any Del

Reaction score
2004 - 2007 is when I started slowly losing interest in Cartoon Network but it was still tolerable. 2008 - 2011 is when I jumped sail. 2012 - 2014 is when Cartoon Network brought back their older shows in celebration of their 20th anniversary. Once they stopped around late 2014 I permanently jumped ship.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get that some people liked the CN City era for what it was (basically a huge crossover of CN characters and properties coexisting in a CGI city landscape), but for me being the "purist" that I am, I just couldn't accept the sudden and unexpected change from Powerhouse to CN City. At least Checkerboard and Powerhouse had a more gradual transitional period thanks partly to that forgotten mini era of Starburst that slowly phased out Checkerboard while slowly introducing Powerhouse over a several month period, whereas CN City just showed up out of the blue.

Any Del

Reaction score
I mean some of the other commericals such as Dexter trying to impress Velma only to be taken by Johnny, Velma defending Sheep in the cafeteria and such were foreshadowing the City Era. Even when CCF ended back in May 2003 and replaced with Cartoon Network Friday, the intro pretty much show cased what the future of Cartoon Network would be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still, I hope this means maybe he'll come to the Knoxville Fanboy Expo in the future, he seems like such a fun guy to meet.
YES!! Marty Grabstein will be coming to Knoxville! Definitely gonna try and meet him; I might bring that 20th anniversary book I got from Dilly with me for him to sign.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also to be honest I started to watch less of CN by 2006/7 I’d say. 6teen and Total Drama Island from Canada got me back into the network in 2008 (as did its sequels) and then Regular Show and Adventure Time got me really back on board in 2010.