Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cartoon Network died to me in 2004, and I haven't been able to watch anymore since.

The main Nickelodeon channel had kind of died to me around the same time as well, I started watching more of the digital subchannels like Noggin (for the Sesame content, of course), and Nicktoons back when it was essentially the home for reruns of classic Nicktoons that Nickelodeon wouldn't air anymore (like ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE), and gradually The N in the late 2000s when they started airing reruns of KENAN & KEL. The only thing that brought me back to Nick in general was when ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS finally started airing in 2015, but you can tell since it's not one of their own IPs that Nick doesn't really want to do anything with it: they never promote new episodes, and they go for months (sometimes over a year) without airing new episodes. From there, I eventually got curious about seeing what the hype over THE LOUD HOUSE was all about, if only because apparently it's been the only thing to match SpongeBob's power.

Similarly, I've never had any real reason to watch Disney Channel since the days of RECESS, though I've been seeing on Twitter where the entire world is outraged over them prematurely canceling THE OWL HOUSE because apparently one network executive decided the series didn't fit their brand, which once again goes to show you that Disney is one of those companies that put more emphasis on their corporate agendas than they do whatever it is the consumers and viewers actually want.

Any Del

Reaction score
YES!! Marty Grabstein will be coming to Knoxville! Definitely gonna try and meet him; I might bring that 20th anniversary book I got from Dilly with me for him to sign.
Hey man enjoy yourself!

Any Del

Reaction score
Cartoon Network died for me back in 2010. However, around 2012 when CN was celebrating it's 20th anniversary and brought back most of the shows I remembered from the late 90s and early and mid 2000s via Cartoon Planet I hopped back on board ship. Once Cartoon Planet ended in 2014 I officially jumped ship and NEVER came back. Now it's just the Teen Titans Go network.

Hopefully next year when Cartoon Network turns 30 they'll bring me back somehow.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Reading an interview with Mike Brandon (formerly Mike Pearlstein), much like Mike Wetterhahn, looks like he's got some rather salty things to say about Dilly as well when they did the SNIZ & FONDUE pilot PSYCHED FOR SNUPPA. Basically, it's like how Dr. Seuss didn't like what Chuck Jones did with HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS: Brandon felt Dilly strayed too far away from his vision to, instead, make it look more like his own style instead. He also described Dilly as being "unhinged" and "envy-feuled, angry soul," which sounds much like Wetterhahn's comments about Dilly being a "scary man" to work with when he's "off his meds." Yikes.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, you guys have missed a bunch of very good shows (The Amazing World of Gumball and Craig of the Creek are terrific).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Craig I definitely like, Gumball has its moments but the animation otherwise gives me a headache.

Any Del

Reaction score
Gumball's alright. Craig of the Creek? Could care less.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know at times, I'm kind of glad that Dilly isn't more mainstream right now, because I feel like if he was, he'd be the latest casualty of Cancel Culture with the way he casually tosses around the word "retarded" in some of his videos and interviews.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be fair, it is an offensive slur and no different than saying the N-word…. But yeah, with certain places *cough* twitter *cough* existing, yeah, he would be finished.