Could Between the Lions ever come back?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Same here. I was the only kid in my Kindergarten class who knew how to read, and it was all thanks to this show.
Late response but this reminded me of how my teacher in kindergarten would always put in a Between the Lions VHS tape for us to watch after recess ended. It was on one of those TVs that were attached to the corner of the ceiling.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Uh oh, bad news.
The archive.org upload of the full series is gone. Luckily, the same user uploaded the episodes to YouTube, but who knows how long they’ll stay there…

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, once it's on the internet, it's pretty much there forever. If people really want to keep these shows then they need to do their part with saving them.

crackmaster

Reaction score
21 pages and nobody has mentioned Sam Spud. Must be a new record.

He honestly sounds like Harvey Birdman. Has Michael K Frith ever confirmed he was Sam? It could be Gary Cole. Sam's voice does have some traces of the announcer at the beginning. And in the eel one, when he's going "Precious? Precious!!" he sounds eerily similar to Scott Finnell.

I told you about Sam Sawada in a different thread. But yeah mang, I basically stole the character and made him a human. NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!

salemfan

Reaction score
I had another weird dream. You know that the Bumble's job of placing the star on top of the tree is only at the end of the calendar year, and he actually wanted a job that could last him the majority of the year, so the library that Between the Lions takes place in has given the Bumble a job-he can hand patrons books from the top shelf if you're not tall enough to reach the top shelf without a ladder.

salemfan

Reaction score
Jim Henson got a stamp. I don’t remember how long ago it was, or how much stamps were worth, but I have an unused book I’ll never part with.
Not everybody gets their own stamp.
In music, maybe Elvis and the Beatles.
Or someone huge like Frank Sinatra or Nat King Cole.
I think Big Bird got a stamp, but even that took thirty years.
The Jim Henson stamp was only available in 2005. You are exactly correct that it was Sesame Street's 30th year when Big Bird was put on a stamp to honor Sesame Street as part of the 1999 Celebrate the Century: 1970s sheet.

salemfan

Reaction score
Need I remind everyone that some individuals have literally contemplated suicide over Sesame Street not releasing every episode in their library (and that was before the AAPB deal).
If that's a true story, I hope the medical people these individuals had to be with helped them to keep going, and even if the AAPB deal never happened, it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

buzzfan120

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here...I did not like Between the Lions as a little kid. In fact, I used to be afraid to watch PBS Kids because I was afraid Between the Lions would come on at any random moment. And the reason for that may seem pretty dumb to you, but please don't make fun of me because it's really not that funny:

It seemed that every episode I was unfortunate enough to stumble upon while channel-surfing had opera in it, whether it was the operatic monkeys in the Monkey Pop-Up Theater or Denyce Graves' spooky vocalizations. (And yes, I know that Sesame Street sometimes featured opera too, but that's beside the point. Besides, thanks to Muppet Wiki I now know which Sesame Street episodes I'll want to avoid. Between the Lions Wiki, on the other hand, is very underdeveloped, which means that the only way to find out, unfortunately, is through videos--and I'm not taking any chances.)

I was just a little kid. I didn't know how to check the TV schedule on the PBS Kids website, so I didn't know what time the show came on, so I was afraid it would come on at any random moment. I eventually overcame this fear, partly thanks to WordGirl (my favorite PBS Kids show of all time) but mostly when Between the Lions was taken off air. So if the show were to be rebooted, I'd be madder than I was when WordGirl stopped airing on our local PBS station (thank heavens for the PBS Kids Video app!)

That said, I liked the "We are Family" video despite the presence of the Between the Lions characters (and Barney), because it also featured a whole bunch of characters I liked. Plus, obviously there was no opera in it.

But if you liked Between the Lions--and if you still do--I respect your opinion.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
An honest question dude, and I mean this in no disrespect cause I’m on the spectrum myself, but are you by any chance autistic? I mainly ask from reading two of your posts regarding the fears you brought up.