Could Between the Lions ever come back?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I only buy stamps that are appropriate for that stuff on which you need to be serious and respectful (stars and stripes, the Statue of Liberty, etc.) but does anybody think the USPS would issue postage stamps portraying the lion family from Between the Lions the way that they did for the unaffiliated Sesame Street and the Muppets, as well as for Mister Rogers?
No, BTL is not that ingrain to pop-culture like those others that they would lose the money

salemfan

Reaction score
No, BTL is not that ingrain to pop-culture like those others that they would lose the money
Why were Barney, Baby Bop and BJ ingrain (or did you mean engrained) to pop culture but BTL was not?

salemfan

Reaction score
Because life is not fair to cleverly written shows and such. It’s more a popularity contest
You mean shows that many adults thought were annoying received more popularity than stuff that was clever like Between the Lions?

salemfan

Reaction score
Why would USPS lose the money if all the stamps made nowadays are "Forever stamps" meaning that they are good on their own even if they were purchased before the price of stamps went up, no number is printed on stamps made today, and therefore post offices and other authorized locations can continue to carry them until sold out even if the price of stamps rose since the stamps were released, unlike stamps produced before 2011 that had numbers, needed additional postage if the consumer still had some after the price of stamps rose and had to be sent back for destruction if post offices and other authorized locations still carried them when the price of stamps went up?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Why would USPS lose the money if all the stamps made nowadays are "Forever stamps" meaning that they are good on their own even if they were purchased before the price of stamps went up, no number is printed on stamps made today, and therefore post offices and other authorized locations can continue to carry them until sold out even if the price of stamps rose since the stamps were released, unlike stamps produced before 2011 that had numbers, needed additional postage if the consumer still had some after the price of stamps rose and had to be sent back for destruction if post offices and other authorized locations still carried them when the price of stamps went up?
No, it’s not really a popular show where if they were producing stamps of it, only a select few people would buy it.

It’s not a popular show, plain and simple, to produce stamps.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
You mean shows that many adults thought were annoying received more popularity than stuff that was clever like Between the Lions?
All that can be said are that kids (sometimes) have terrible taste.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Jim Henson got a stamp. I don’t remember how long ago it was, or how much stamps were worth, but I have an unused book I’ll never part with.
Not everybody gets their own stamp.
In music, maybe Elvis and the Beatles.
Or someone huge like Frank Sinatra or Nat King Cole.
I think Big Bird got a stamp, but even that took thirty years.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't thought of Between the Lions in a long time. I remember my teacher in elementary school would actually play episodes in class for us. Really loved the characters and the dynamics between the lion family. Not to mention the infectious sketches peppered in-between in the vein of Sesame Street, TMS, and SNL. Doubt it'll ever return but I do wish it and other older PBS shows would get to air in repeat mode.

crackmaster

Reaction score
I miss Between the Lions. Never thought much of it as a kid but there's just something about it that I like nowadays. Excuse me for bringing up this sketch again, but I think Ken Brown and Lisa Crafts' "AT" cartoon from the 90s Sesame Street could fit well in there. Maybe if BTL comes back, Ken and Lisa can bring back Bill and Claire in an updated sketch about "-at" words.