Could Between the Lions ever come back?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
What stories do you know about it?
Puppets can turn to toast due to improper storage or heavy use or not using correct material.
you never know, Sherry Netherland survived many years in storage
Well I am more worried about the BTL characters because, they’re with the puppeteers instead of the workshop storage.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How did people your age who grew up with Sesame Street feel about Teletubbies when it was introduced to the USA?
Well, by the time Teletubbies came out, I was far too old to be part part of its targeted demographic. Stylistically the colors were nice, but intellectually there was nothing for me to hang my hat on.
I was far too old for Barney too. But compared to Sesame, Barney just seemed contrived, dumbed-down, the total opposite of what made Sesame great.
By the time BTL came around, again I was far too old, but Christopher Cerf and Norman Stiles gave it a wit and edge that Barney was severely lacking. People my age could sit through an episode of BTL and not puke.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Puppets can turn to toast due to improper storage or heavy use or not using correct material.

Well I am more worried about the BTL characters because, they’re with the puppeteers instead of the workshop storage.
Even puppets like Bert and Ernie wore out, as good as Don Sahlin built them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m not sure about that, but an old Oscar (not the orange one) lives in the Smithsonian. There’s a display with a few other 70s artifacts, including Fonzie’s leather jacket, Mr. Rogers’ sweater, and Archie and Edith Bunker’s chairs.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Some puppets are gone for good. Bruno is toast as you all know. The original Big Bird was destroyed in a fire. I believe Alice Snuffleupagus and Barkley are down for the count. The original Samson, Tiffy and Finchen were destroyed in a fire and Numan and Melsoon were stolen during a terrorist attack

datman24

Reaction score
Some puppets are gone for good. Bruno is toast as you all know. The original Big Bird was destroyed in a fire. I believe Alice Snuffleupagus and Barkley are down for the count. The original Samson, Tiffy and Finchen were destroyed in a fire and Numan and Melsoon were stolen during a terrorist attack
Could you elaborate more on the part about the original Big Bird being destroyed in a fire?

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
Hi,

First time speaking in this particular thread today after lurking a while. Sorry to take away from the previous discussion, but I was wondering if anyone had talked at all about the music on/from BTL yet. As long as I've followed, I don't remember that it had ever been brought up (*but I could be wrong, will have to go back and check...). Basically, as another fan, I just wanted to point out that like the show itself, it doesn't seem to be talked much about in the mainstream nowadays, at least the way I see it. IMO, many of those songs, especially those in the earlier seasons are very, very underrated.

Now, the music alone should be a reason to bring back the series, but that's just me. I'm a bit surprised that an album of "Greatest Hits" was never made, either...and "Lions" is full of gems! I always get that intense nostalgic feeling when I occasionally revisit them - the theme itself, though quite short, was infectious (*probably my favorite out of all) - there were other good ones by the characters like, "W Trouble", "It's Over Now", "The Mighty Star Lion", etc. , the band Fonix had music videos for "The 'ar' song", "Double 'e' ", and more, and then of course, most if not all of the individual segments (*if you count them,) had their own themes. This probably never came to be, though, as the series is still somewhat unknown here in the US (*and following that, the world -- definitely nowhere near the extent of "Sesame"),...but I sincerely would like to have seen it done, nonetheless. That said, I'm also in shock to an extent because BTL first aired almost 20 years ago (*I feel so old), I'd like to think that if not a comeback, then a "Lions" album of some sorts is warranted, however, wishful thinking...

What does everyone else say?