Could Between the Lions ever come back?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
If Between the Lions were ever rebooted, because Slim Jims are a meat snack that the consumer does not have to cook before eating (Slim Jims are not really raw meat, the manufacturer just did the cooking for the consumers, whereas other meat sold in the supermarket has not at all been cooked), I'd want to see the lion family in that show eat Slim Jims. What does anybody think of that idea?
what. ****

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
What makes you say that puppets should not eat Slim Jims on an educational kids show?
Eh, probably for the same reasons I wouldn't bet on IM Soynut Butter coming back under new ownership... just doesn't seem likely to me. 🤷‍♂️

Joking aside, Slim Jims aren't the healthiest thing; yes, Cookie Monster gorges on cookies, but that's the gimmick of a character developed in the early '70s when no one card about anything. BTL is more strict than SS I feel. As Bliff said, it would be odd product placement as well.

salemfan

Reaction score
I mean, is there really that high of a demand to bring back a show like Between the Lions?
Between the Lions wasn't so well known in its day as Barney or Teletubbies were in theirs. I met people that didn't know what Between the Lions was. By contrast, everybody in the 90s and early 2000s knew who Barney, Baby Bop and BJ were, even if they didn't have children at the age for Barney. Everybody in 1999 and the early 2000s also knew who the Teletubbies were even if they didn't have small children.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Between the Lions wasn't so well known in its day as Barney or Teletubbies were in theirs. I met people that didn't know what Between the Lions was. By contrast, everybody in the 90s and early 2000s knew who Barney, Baby Bop and BJ were, even if they didn't have children at the age for Barney. Everybody in 1999 and the early 2000s also knew who the Teletubbies were even if they didn't have small children.
I wonder if the 90s generation (probably most of you) have any fond memories of Barney. In 1990 when Jim died and Barney began, I thought Sesame Street was finished. People my age, who grew up with Sesame, HATED Barney like you can’t believe. Because the spirit that made Sesame so special wasn’t there.
Ten years later, Christopher Cerf introduces Between the Lions, and the spirit was there again.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I know that the performers of the main characters from the last season kept the puppets like Noel has Lionel and Peter has Theo.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I know that the performers of the main characters from the last season kept the puppets like Noel has Lionel and Peter has Theo.
Oh really? I wonder if Noel will end up using Lionel at comic cons and stuff sort of like what he does with the rebuilt version of bear

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oh really? I wonder if Noel will end up using Lionel at comic cons and stuff sort of like what he does with the rebuilt version of bear
Well it's a possibility that Lionel is toast, I do know stories about it.

salemfan

Reaction score
I wonder if the 90s generation (probably most of you) have any fond memories of Barney. In 1990 when Jim died and Barney began, I thought Sesame Street was finished. People my age, who grew up with Sesame, HATED Barney like you can’t believe. Because the spirit that made Sesame so special wasn’t there.
How did people your age who grew up with Sesame Street feel about Teletubbies when it was introduced to the USA?