Cookie Monster photo replica by Hasbro

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Hopefully,
  • A. Hasbro puts this thing on display at Comic Con, therefore getting a lot of foot traffic, and...
  • B. Sesame Street shares the crowdfunding campaign on their social media. They've got over a million likes on Facebook, so that could bring some people in.
I don't know. 3,000 just seems like an awfully high number.

Balog Frog

Reaction score
just became a backer on this. maybe if this goes well, they will produce more Sesame Street Muppets

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I really wish they announced this sooner, then they would have more time and get more people to support

Fozzie6

Reaction score
They really should have put him behind a glass case at SDCC so he looks like a high end collectible. He looks like a stuffed animal sitting like that.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
God, how I wish this wasn't crowdfunded. There's no way we're gonna get to 3,000 backers at this rate. I was so excited to have another replica after all these years, but the goal is just set too high, I'm afraid.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, they are way behind where they need to be. Plus, Muppet fans tend to be more... frugal....

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yea, Muppet fans are either poor AF, or there just aren't enough of them for something like this to happen. If we had the power of Marvel or Doctor Who fans, maybe. but yea, I don't see this getting off the ground.
Though, maybe one day, a lucky fan will get the prototype on eBay.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I would call myself a "collector" of stuff like this, but I typically will not go for high-end pricey stuff, plus, I'm the only who seems to believe the design leaves something to be desired at that price point -- if it would be cheaper to just manufacture an upper-body puppet replica, I would recommend them to go for that.

Yea, Muppet fans are either poor AF, or there just aren't enough of them for something like this to happen. If we had the power of Marvel or Doctor Who fans, maybe. but yea, I don't see this getting off the ground.
Though, maybe one day, a lucky fan will get the prototype on eBay.
That sounds like the most likely scenario.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I would call myself a "collector" of stuff like this, but I typically will not go for high-end pricey stuff, plus, I'm the only who seems to believe the design leaves something to be desired at that price point -- if it would be cheaper to just manufacture an upper-body puppet replica, I would recommend them to go for that.

That sounds like the most likely scenario.
I know the actual Sesame Workshop has two Cookie Monster posers, where one is half the body while the other is full body. Still in my mind, I think Super Grover would’ve been a better first piece.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
It's official. The campaign is dead. Just got the email from Hasbro saying that my card will not be charged, and the product will not be made. Such a shame, it wasn't even close.