Cookie Monster photo replica by Hasbro

MWoO

Reaction score
Wished there was one for Elmo.
I agree. He is smaller and would be easier to find a place to display him. However, with Haslab, if the test works they may go on to make more of these. I don't see why they wouldn't as they are funded upfront, before production, so they are already paid for. To me this is not an either or situation. Cookie being first doesn't mean others can't follow, but not buying Cookie pretty much means nothing else gets done.

I'm just super nervous because this is the first time i have pre-ordered a product that is dependent on other people doing the same, not to mention plainly seeing that the goal is not met yet. The fear this may not come out is killing me.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'll tell you what -- he'll sure as **** look nice next to Kermit, Animal and Gonzo.

I think he's a fairly safe bet (and maybe the best choice) for the first character, and I'd like to imagine Grover is next with the over-saturation of Elmo dolls out there; obviously I know this isn't a doll, but there is way more Elmo merch out there that could pass as a replica than all other characters combined.

When it comes to pipe dream figure lines, I'm more onboard with Beaker's mindset of it being a static-posed figurine line with minimal when necessary articulation. Something akin to Palisades Mini-Muppets in terms of size scaled an extra inch higher, since the Swedish Chef's hands come up to just behind the edge of the island counter in the Swedish Kitchen playset when it would be better if his hands were at least visible above that point of demarcation; and something akin to Tomy's Disney Magical Collection in terms of scope allowing for more characters from all stages of prominence to obscurity with a few sensible variants added here and there.
Yes, I'm definitely thinking of something more in tune of what Funko would produce than the obscene quality of Palisades; both are great companies, but you know what I mean -- something like Funko's Disney Afternoon figures (maybe a tad bigger).

btw, I can't believe you referenced Disney Magical Collection. You're literally maybe the first person I've ever heard mention those figures; I got a ton of them for Xmas one year in the early-2000s... criminally underrated.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'll tell you what -- he'll sure as **** look nice next to Kermit, Animal and Gonzo.

I think he's a fairly safe bet (and maybe the best choice) for the first character, and I'd like to imagine Grover is next with the over-saturation of Elmo dolls out there; obviously I know this isn't a doll, but there is way more Elmo merch out there that could pass as a replica than all other characters combined.

Yes, I'm definitely thinking of something more in tune of what Funko would produce than the obscene quality of Palisades; both are great companies, but you know what I mean -- something like Funko's Disney Afternoon figures (maybe a tad bigger).

btw, I can't believe you referenced Disney Magical Collection. You're literally maybe the first person I've ever heard mention those figures; I got a ton of them for Xmas one year in the early-2000s... criminally underrated.
I think if it was Grover as the first one with the possibility of Super Grover accessories. That would’ve sold like hotcakes

MWoO

Reaction score
I think if it was Grover as the first one with the possibility of Super Grover accessories. That would’ve sold like hotcakes
That is true. The size factor alone, plus the addition of Super Grover stuff? This would already be backed. Apparently they consulted with the folks at Tough Pigs so we can all blame them.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Why does ToughPigs get involved in all the cool stuff? Isn't MC bigger?

Yeah, they did mention an accessory will be revealed later for Cookie, which I don't see how it could be anything other than a cookie lol.

I would give the campaign a couple days/weeks to make the rounds... we may be surprised with the traction it gains, but just like the Palisades Sesame line, it's a hard market to gauge because people may balk at a "$300 doll from a kids show", but most people have a brain and understand how important SS is.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@BlueFrackle

I was able to put together the line's order at 140 figures.

Sorry for taking this thread off-track. :halo: :insatiable:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Why does ToughPigs get involved in all the cool stuff? Isn't MC bigger?

Yeah, they did mention an accessory will be revealed later for Cookie, which I don't see how it could be anything other than a cookie lol.

I would give the campaign a couple days/weeks to make the rounds... we may be surprised with the traction it gains, but just like the Palisades Sesame line, it's a hard market to gauge because people may balk at a "$300 doll from a kids show", but most people have a brain and understand how important SS is.
The only other accessory I could see is maybe a cookie jar and a C

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
@BlueFrackle

I was able to put together the line's order at 140 figures.

Sorry for taking this thread off-track. :halo: :insatiable:
That's alright... I always did wish there was a complete checklist for that line somewhere; I remember there was back in the day, but you can forget about it now. I have no idea why the line is so obscure for being of such amazing quality and quantity.