Cookie Monster photo replica by Hasbro

MWoO

Reaction score
I’m tempted to spend the money on it, though if it was Grover or Count. I would’ve bought it in a heartbeat.
Not what I expected from Hasbro, but only 299? That's not bad actually. I wonder if they will make more if this works out. Cookie isnt my favorite, Id rather Bert and Ernie or Oscar, but dang that looks pretty good. I have no idea where I would put it....

This year has been killer on my wallet for collecting. So many companies are putting out so many great products.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So there's a thread for this here, good, MC traffic will potentially help the campaign. Or not, *shrugs.

Personally I'm more interested in updates regarding the Sesame Street Lego sets since we got the 10000 vote needed for that to move on to the next stage of development/production.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This is unfortunate cause he looks "off" at that price tag, but I like that they're taking the crowdfunding approach and we can track its progress.

I have no idea where I would put it....
I thought the same thing lol... he'd have to sit on the couch in my basement.

Edit: I know this is an obvious pipe dream that most (especially MuppetSpot) share, but I would love if they did a mini 10-figure or so line in the vein of Palisades: just the obvious hard hitters like Ernie, Bert, Bird, Elmo, Abby, Count, Oscar, Cookie and Grover, and then if those sell well, maybe delve into some deeper cuts like Sherlock Hemlock, Mumford, Lefty, etc.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
This is unfortunate cause he looks "off" at that price tag, but I like that they're taking the crowdfunding approach and we can track its progress.

I thought the same thing lol... he'd have to sit on the couch in my basement.

Edit: I know this is an obvious pipe dream that most (especially MuppetSpot) share, but I would love if they did a mini 10-figure or so line in the vein of Palisades: just the obvious hard hitters like Ernie, Bert, Bird, Elmo, Abby, Count, Oscar, Cookie and Grover, and then if those sell well, maybe delve into some deeper cuts like Sherlock Hemlock, Mumford, Lefty, etc.
I possibly might get this if I can sell some stuff on eBay

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
When it comes to pipe dream figure lines, I'm more onboard with Beaker's mindset of it being a static-posed figurine line with minimal when necessary articulation. Something akin to Palisades Mini-Muppets in terms of size scaled an extra inch higher, since the Swedish Chef's hands come up to just behind the edge of the island counter in the Swedish Kitchen playset when it would be better if his hands were at least visible above that point of demarcation; and something akin to Tomy's Disney Magical Collection in terms of scope allowing for more characters from all stages of prominence to obscurity with a few sensible variants added here and there.

MWoO

Reaction score
As I see it, even if you think you want this, you should get this because one of two things will happen.

1. Either the crowd funding fails
2. the crowd funding succeeds and after market prices sky rocket, making those that missed out due to fence sitting pay through the nose or simply miss out all together.

Also, those that do not want to get this one because they would rather a different character are going to be disappointed when nothing gets made. Sure, I would rather another character first, but I also know we won't get more if this one fails. This is being done through Haslab as a test to see if there is interest in high end Sesame Street collectibles.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Maybe they could do this as a semi yearly thing. Where this year they release one and stop and do one in 2020. And have it be a good fan favorite character like Grover or Ernie. I think we can consider characters like Big Bird and Snuffy out of the question

MWoO

Reaction score
If it garners the support it needs, or better yet way more than the 3000 they need, then I think we will see more. Grover, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, maybe Oscar, though I think the trash can may pose a problem... unless they make the trash can the packaging...

But I think we will only see more if this gets like... 6000 supporters or more. Right now I am seriously worried it won't hit 3000. On day one it was 106 as of right now. Problem is I have seen a lot of negativity surrounding this from the forums that are dedicated to companies like Hasbro. They feel like this is taking away something from them, like more Star Wars stuff... cause we don't have enough of that...