Classic Songs

ssetta

Reaction score
You're thinking of 2 completely different songs. There was a song called "Starfish" that was sung by a little girl, and the song "(I Believe In) Little Things" was actually sung by Joe Raposo.

maxdrive

Reaction score
what about

sing
somebody come out and play
water
im a little airplay
everybody eats
everybody sleeps
grouch like me
lets go drivieng int he car

Ziffel

Reaction score
I was trying to search for one that had anything muppets and a lady muppet did the song. I remember she counted six muppets while singing, "You can count them up ... one, two, three, four , five , six." And it makes a cool sound effect as she points to each muppet, but I can't describe it in words. I think she has some object in her hand like a stick or wand that she points to the muppets she counts. Then she sings, "You can count them down ... one, two, three, four, five, six." Then some line that I'm not sure of like, "It's the middle of the game." Then after five beats of music, "But no matter how you count them it's still the same." Was definitely shown on SS by 1976 and I think most likely in the early 70's.

Nicole

Reaction score
Here are some more songs. They used to play these all the time on Sesame Street when I was little.

1. Do De Rubber Duck

2. Kids Just Love to Brush

3. Cooperation Makes It Happen

4. You're Alive

5. Raise Your Hand

6. Rebel L

7. Readers of the Open Range

8. Keep On Truckin'

9. U Really Got A Hold On Me (Smokey Robinson being chased by the big letter U.)

10. Healthy Food

minor muppetz

Reaction score
where to find them

many of the most famous sesame street songs have been released on various albums or videos over the years. there was recently a three-disc CD called Songs From The Street, which has many of the most famous songs from the show, including Being Green, ABC-DEF-GHI, Rubber Duckie, Elmos Song, C Is For Cookie, and many more. You may also want to find some albums featruing the best of certain characters (like Ernie And Berts Greatest Hits or The Best Of Elmo). these albums feature many of the best-known songs (like their trademark songs) from those characters.

If you can find a copy of the book Sesame Street Unpaved, you can find the lyrics to a small number of the best-known songs from a show, like sing and rubber duckie, as well as a few more obscure songs, like would you like to buy an o?

If you want to see as many of the best-known classic songs as possible, I suggest you buy or rent Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: a Musical celebration.
This video features a lot of classic songs, like monster in the mirror, being green, the batty bat, doin' the pigeon, dance myself to sleep, and a lot more.
of course, most of those songs have also been included in other videos as well.

other good videos for the best-known songs include Sing-Along (although it has a small number of inserts, most of the inserts are well-known sesame street songs, like rubber duckie, and it also had an all-new version of what's the name of that song?), Monster hits and Big Bird Sings.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Don't forget "Proud of Me", Grover singing all cutely. :flirt:
I can't remember if it was mentioned, but "People in your Neighbourhood".
Also "Would you Like to Buy an 'O'?" :big_grin: and "Sing (Canta)"

Whoever mention Cooperation is my hero, because I LOVE that song.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Rattus P Rattus said:
none of those songs are good comapred to "Do De Rubber Duck"
yeah, I like Do De Rubber Duck. anyway, was your comment directed at what I was talking about, or at some other comment?

If it was directed at me, then one of the videos i mentioned, Sesame treet's 25th Birthday: a Musical celebration, does include Do De Rubber Duck, but I didn't mention thaat because it is edited on that video (along with other Rubber Duckie songs). However, a complete version was included on the videos Count it higher: Great Music videos From Sesame Street and What's The Name Of That Song? and it has been featured in at least one new episode during the last three seasons.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I only heard this 1 on the 1st SS album witch I owned where he sings about clapping your hands, patting your head and rubbing your tummy. Don'r know if it was sung on TV or not and while I thought it was goofy I sort of liked it because of it's melody and trumpet played in it. don't recall hearing that in other SS songs. also here's a question about this one more the newer people. http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=13398