Classic Songs

Frogster

Reaction score
It has been so, so, so, long since I've seen Sesame Street, and I was wanting to know if the current SS fans here could think of all the famous songs that have been done, from Oscar to The Count, from Ernie and Bert to Grover, from Big Bird to Herry Monster. I'll bet I've forgotten a lot of the songs, some of which I'd still like to hear to this day. I'll start us off. I hope you guys will help me out!

Rubber Duckie
I Love Trash
Monster In The Mirror
C Is For Cookie
African Alphabet
When Bert's Not Here
Story of Bert's Blanket
Bones, Bones, Bones
I Sing (Dance?) Myself To Sleep (Ernie plays a trumpet while Bert gets dragged away)
I Don't Want To Live On The Moon
Put Down The Duckie

That's really all I can think of... anyone else wanna add to it?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can hear more than 600 Sesame songs on Muppet Central Radio. More are being added all the time.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Imagination
Me lost me cookie In The disco
healthy food
casey macphee
count it higher
telephone rock
real mad
monster in the mirror
tu mae gustas
swamp mushy muddy
oscar's b sandwich
This frog
doin' the pigeon
la la la la lemon
the ten commandments of health
subway
goin' for a ride
let your feelings show
me gotta be blue
batty bat
I can't help it
fuzzy and blue
fur

How's that for starters?
:smile:

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
here are my additions to the list:
ABC-DEF-GHI
Elmo's Song
One of These Things
The People in Your Neighborhood
What's the Name of that Song?
The Yip-Yip Song
Bein' Green
What Do I Do When I'm Alone?

~Dana~

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone rememebr the song In My Neighborhood? it was a disco orentated song sung by a young girlabout what kinds of people exist and you see everyday where you live like the song Bob sings but of course much different.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Remember a real short song that showed a circle above a rhinoceros (not a cartoon) The song went something like, "Round baby round baby round.."

And the song by Little Jerry and the Monotones, "We're Mad" is a popular one that many seem to remember. But the "We're Sad" and "Proud" ones get far less mention. And one even less so that I couldn't even find by searching here is the "Surprise" one. I remember that one starting like: "Ooh ooh oo wa doobie do, ooh wa ooh wah i. When something suddenly happens and you can't believe your eyes, then it's a surprise." I enjoyed all four of these songs a lot.

And then there's one catchy one that I remember very well:

When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm thirsty, I drink. There's a hook on all the fish I catch. And when I'm itchy, I scratch.
When I'm tired, I sleep. When I'm sneaky, I creep. I get my fires lit up with a match. And when I'm itchy, I scratch.
Hey buzz off fly just stay away! Who needs you on a sticky summer day! I don't know what you could possibly see in me. And I don't need such irritating company!
Now when I'm happy, I laugh. When I'm sad, I cry. I get my melons in the melon patch. And when I'm itchy, I scratch. Yeah I get my melons in the melon patch. And when I'm itchy, I scratch.

So many fun to listen to songs on classic SS!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
that 1st song was rounditty rounditty that's a circle. roundditty rounditty that's a basket ball. rounditty rouditty can't you see. round can also be for a hipopotamus like me.

yiieepyepyep

Reaction score
hey do you remember these?

do you remember?

my name is you (I have sisters one two three, in my family there's just me)

what do you do with a fruit?

one, two, two little cats

DANger!! its no stranger

A- BC- DE -FG- lets go! (the disco)

FshyFshyFshy

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a new member. I'm so excited that I found a place to reminice and discuss one of the things that made my childhood so memorable....SESAME STREET!! :big_grin:

Wow, these songs bring back memories, especially the "My Name Is..."

One of my all-time favorite songs is "Little Things". When I first heard it sung, there was a little girl singing it and there was footage of starfish in the sea (per the lyrics). I think Ernie sang it later but it's the little girl's voice that I remembered and felt so soothed by. Anyone else remember that segment? I have the song on my Platinum All-Time Favorites CD, but it's sung by Prairie Dawn. The background music is the same which is nice, but the voice just doen't quite cut it for me. :smirk: