Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

NantoSeiken

Reaction score

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks for uploading that, Nanto. That's a real fun one. I know a lot of people love Bert's closing line: "Hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!" And I was nine when I first saw this. I decided to do this to my dad. He got angry after a few of my rhyming lines and said, "Now don't do that anymore!" I used Ernie's reply: "One, two, three, four." Then he gave me that look and I knew I had better knock it off right away!
And forgive me for asking a real stupid question, but what was that they used to make that sound throughout the skit? Was it a drum? Sounded like it but yet there wasn't a real solid sound of a stick hitting the drum to me.

jisforjump

Reaction score
letter montage's

Why is it, on you tube, i have seen the montages (with the same guy doing the voice overs) for D, G, and I think R. And on the old School DVD, they played the D montage (drop into the Daffadils), at least 2x's, but I have not seen the one for the letter T. I know it was on the show. I used to see it when I was growing up. I think the last time I actually saw it, it was on an episode where Savian tapped danced Chicago the lion to sleep. The episode origianally was brought to you by the letters M and S, but it was a repeat where they changed the letters (did that happen often?) to S and T. That episode ( I lost the tape) was from 1994, and I believe they might have retired the film (it is a little out-dated). Am I nuts?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just watched the one where the cast decides to change Woof Woof's name to Barkley. Yeah, that is so strange how Gordon just decides out of nowhere they NEED to rename the dog! I like the name Barkley, but I felt so bad for Bob! lol

However, it was nice to see the adults having "normal" conversations like they used to. I haven't seen that in a long time. My favorite part was when Susan made Mr. Hooper stay on her side and he said, "I was just standing here!" And when Linda goes over to the Barkley side.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Poor Bob. Even his girlfriend sided against him.

I just watched the one where the cast decides to change Woof Woof's name to Barkley. Yeah, that is so strange how Gordon just decides out of nowhere they NEED to rename the dog! I like the name Barkley, but I felt so bad for Bob! lol
Yeah. That kind of got to me too. As someone posted on that thread, is Gordon going to start renaming everyone now? He might vote to name Big Bird, Yellow Feathery Fellow or to call cookie monster Food Freak. Lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah. That kind of got to me too. As someone posted on that thread, is Gordon going to start renaming everyone now? He might vote to name Big Bird, Yellow Feathery Fellow or to call cookie monster Food Freak. Lol.
I was thinking the exact same thing, that he might try and rename Big Bird! Food Freak's great though. I don't think I could keep a straight face if the other characters started calling him that.

"Hi, Bob!

"Oh hi, Food Freak, how are you doing today?"

LOl, nope I couldn't keep a straight face...

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh wow I noticed a little while ago that that one clip from SS that scared me the most as a child was put on youtube a week or so ago! It's called "Sesame Street Alien Alphabet". I've brought it up here before several times. Well, at first I played it through with the sound off! kee hee hee! Then I mustered up the courage to play it with audio. And I'm still here in one piece! Heh heh, it was primarily the beginning with the sound and the red muppet running up the screen that affected me the most back in the early 70's. The person who uploaded it, Nantosuichoken, even described it as "Two Muppet aliens say the alphabet, over some freaky electronic percussion." It sure was indeed freaky, and glad to see that others who left comments said it always scared them too (as well as people here who replied to me saying the same thing). :smile:
And nice to see that one of the early restaurant scenes with Grover and the blue guy is there now. The one where Grover forgets to bring the spoon. And boy what a nut that Grover is. Blowing on the customer's soup and even putting his finger in it ("Oh I can feel that it's too cold")! And I thought one of the user comments there was hilarious. It said, "One of these days Fat Blue will go to the psycolgist to talk about his Grover problems-and Grover will be the psycologist!" Great line!
And just wanted to say I am still really enjoying that "J friends song" that has been there a week or two now. It's just such a fun one to hear. My favorite part for some reason occurs at the 40 - 42 second part, where the first two muppets say, "J Jane jumping Jane." It just sounds so cool. And please confirm this for me - are the four puppeteers in this sketch Jerry Nelson, Jim Henson, Fran Brill, and Frank Oz, respectively?

BillKal

Reaction score
Hi -

Could someone post on YouTube the missing "Consider Yourself" musical number from the 1st Episode of SS??

SomeGuy75

Reaction score
Did anyone notice T for toes is not on you tube anymore? Wonder what happened to it? :confused: