Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way DF. I know how you feel because after a while there were times I didn't like buying stuff with knowing that my parents would see it but then I strated to see that it was my money and my dissension. There's sometimes that I go to a store that might have the DVD set that I want and then go to one of the guys or girls that I know to cheak me out. They never seem to give me a hard time. I'm just saying and not to try to get you to buy the set but that is what I do. But don't worry DF I still understand because there's times my parents don't like what I buy but oh well.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I don't know. I might not buy the set. I might be uncomfortable going into a store and have people see me buy a "Sesame Street" disk. Plus, I'm still stuck with my parents. They might not want to see that lying around. Heck, my dad is following me around even as we speak and I can't watch the 'Jelmo' episode. I mean, not that I'm trying to dis the box set or anything. I'm sure it's a great collection. It's just that purchasing it might make me feel uncomfortable, so posting that stuff on 'You Tube' isn't a bad idea. I'd really like to see some other specifically Snuffy's debut.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S FOLOWING you around?

Sorry I accidently hit the caps button.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hey, I'm sorry if I sounded a little selfish in my last post. It's just that my dad was driving me crazy.

Anyway, what I was saying, is that there might be fans of the show who might not by the DVD, so I believe that putting pieces of early episodes on 'You Tube' is a pretty good idea.
While I appreciate your situation, I am of the belief that once something is available on DVD, it should not be shared on YouTube or any other file-sharing site. Sesame Workshop has been extremely lenient on YouTube for allowing their stuff to be posted for so long, but I expect with the DVD sets coming out, I expect they might start cracking down on them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
How long, d'ya think it's gonna take google to tear down all the SS clips due to not wanting to pay royalties (ala several Japanese companies)? I swear, rare clips are the only reason I visit that site, not because some obese 50 year old woman in Minnesota (apologies in advance to Minnesotans) tapes her cat falling off the TV, after getting it rejected by AFHV!

PiLfan

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
How long, d'ya think it's gonna take google to tear down all the SS clips due to not wanting to pay royalties (ala several Japanese companies)? I swear, rare clips are the only reason I visit that site, not because some obese 50 year old woman in Minnesota (apologies in advance to Minnesotans) tapes her cat falling off the TV, after getting it rejected by AFHV!
They'll either be removed eventually (your guess is as good as mine as to when)....or they could remain but youtube would morph into a pay-per-view site not unlike what napster has become. Depends on which way google wants to take it.

What happens with the ss clips doesn't concern me as much now with the DVD coming out, and hope for more in the future.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I was really happy to actually get to see one of my all time favorite clips that I've mentioned several times: Ernie counting to ten and starting over again constantly! Isn't that a hilarious one? I love it and Bert's progressively increased frustration. Too bad it doesn't have him banging his head on the table at the end and racing wildly towards the camera. :smile:
And also so nice to see the "Everyone likes icecream" skit. I love that tough pointy headed green kid. And funny to see cookie monster before he was defined as such.
And also these other great classics:

1. Grover popping Ernie's balloons. And that's one of the rare times those two were together.
2. The original (1969) Ernie reading his book he wrote to Bert (which was just the alphabet)
3. Ernie having different emotions at the movie theater. Wasn't that a riot how that guy anything muppet kept complaining to Bert about Ernie's noise? And notice at the end when that guy and Bert are butting heads that Bert says, "Your'e gonna throw me out? I'd like to see that!" Oooh yeah you tell em' Bert!

And quickly these other great ones ---> The animated jazzy traingle and square sketch, (I love the music for the square's dance and the ensuing scoffing from the triangle!) the chicken or the egg song, the bear tapping the bee hive cartoon, and the b is for berries, birdie, etc. on the wall cartoon (Very interesting how a bandit pointing a gun and some bottles of wine were two of the b items. Might not be permitted on today's SS!).

Convincing John

Reaction score
FLV Player...help!

Hi everyone,

Anyone know where I can download a free FLV player? I HAD one on my hard drive, but a stupid virus ate it up!:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy: Now I have dozens of old SS clips I can't play! Not even the FLV player's name is left in my archives. It's obliterated.

Can anyone recommend a free FLV player? I think I downloaded one mentioned in this thread, but I don't know for sure. If possible, I'd like to find the same one I had before so I can play the clips. I'd appreciate any help at all.

Thank you,

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
They'll either be removed eventually (your guess is as good as mine as to when)....or they could remain but youtube would morph into a pay-per-view site not unlike what napster has become. Depends on which way google wants to take it.

What happens with the ss clips doesn't concern me as much now with the DVD coming out, and hope for more in the future.

Well... You See, I'm more p.o'd about Kinnikuman being pulled as it is hugely unpopular here, and only a small few like it. Of course, the Brockenman/ Ramenman fight scene would have been an internet sensation if google didn't whore to the "look at how much money we're worried about potentially sort of losing...maybe" corporations.

I should have had a feeling that video clips were going down, ala music downloads, as whiney media conglomerates p' and moan about how no one's going to overpriced movies and buying overpriced popcorn when about 100 hackers will easily download fine works of cinema like "Employee of the Month" or "Saw 6: If you have seen more than one of these, you qualify for mental help." Plus, no one's watching crappy TV shows since 80% of them are the dang same.

It HAS become like napster already. It had the power to bring people new ideas and stuff the media wouldn't buy into (i.e. indie rock bands). But then, they got cranky because no one was buying up overpriced junk CD's of crappy factory made "Shake your fill in the Blank" dance bubble gum Hip hop. And the slow obsolecence thing.

TV? Movie companies sink large amounts of money into lame TV shows, and then complain, "We made 'The Class' As unfunny and formulaic as possible! How can people possibly be not watching?" Then pounce on Copywrites they neglected or don't even care about for years.

You tube will gradually turn into "America's Funniest Home Videos" the website, no thanks to Google buying it up, making it main stream. The original owners would have at least protested it more.

All and all, this shows how REDICULOUS copywrite is, helping out only those who are rich enough to buy up things because they are too uncreative to do anything good for society. Not to mention how shiftless businessmen, with our politicians in their pockets, want to singlehandedly ruin the internet the way they ruined everything else no one likes anymore.