Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I am almost POSITIVE that this is definately a glitch. One minute, all 7 pages are there. One second later, when I turn the page, It goes to that empty '2' page thing. Glitch for sure.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Twiddlebug said:
I just watched a couple of these and I think its great. Great to see the old bits that were truely classic. I watched the "Kermit News & the Wrong Seven Dwarfs" and one of the Chris Surf music bits. I like these old bits better than the newer stuff. Am I still stuck in the seventies and eighties? Maybe.:sing:
As soon as I clicked the youtube.com link last night, I went crazy watching most of the Sesame stuff--but stayed away from the ones that scared the pants off me as a kid, of course. (Still wondering if anyone uploaded that classic clip of the four-armed guy counting to 20...:flirt: )

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
As soon as I clicked the youtube.com link last night, I went crazy watching most of the Sesame stuff--but stayed away from the ones that scared the pants off me as a kid, of course. (Still wondering if anyone uploaded that classic clip of the four-armed guy counting to 20...:flirt: )
I have that one(although it's missing the first few seconds). It's on my list to upload when I get around to it, maybe later tonight.

T

Twiddlebug

Classic SS clips on youtube

ISNorden,
What, if I might ask, scared the pants off you when you were a kid? Wait! Let me guess. Was it The Count and the scenes in his castle?? Scary organ music and The Counts obligatory thunder and lightning??? Ah Ah Ah! Flash Boom!!!
Or was it perhaps the Cookie Monster's insatiable desire for yet MORE cookies?? :concern:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I just saw the "6 Cookies" song and I was wondering who the little girl is? Did she have a name or not. And was that boy character a new Farley puppet or not?

BillKal

Reaction score
I remember someone talking about the one where David is counting...but he was staring at the camera stone faced. Does that exist anywhere?

Jennifer

Reaction score
At least one that scared me as a kid is on there...Willie Wimple, that prince of pollution, that duke of deforestation, that viscount of...of...help me out here.

Want to know pathetic? When I saw that clip there...I...I could not bring myself to click on it. Is that pathetic or what?

ITA on the different feel of the newer episodes...I don't think we get quite the sense of community that the old episodes had. In one of my Noggin episodes that I taped, there's an intro which consists of a continuous pan all over the street, pausing briefly on human and Muppet characters going about their business, listening to music, talking, playing, interacting. It ends with Susan and (the second) Gordon welcoming us to "another quiet day on Sesame Street!"

ISNorden

Reaction score
What scared me as a kid?

Twiddlebug said:
ISNorden,
What, if I might ask, scared the pants off you when you were a kid? Wait! Let me guess. Was it The Count and the scenes in his castle?? Scary organ music and The Counts obligatory thunder and lightning??? Ah Ah Ah! Flash Boom!!!
Or was it perhaps the Cookie Monster's insatiable desire for yet MORE cookies?? :concern:
The Count's older clips (especially the ones where he hypnotizes other Muppets) did indeed frighten me; the more dramatic he got, the more I was tempted to scoot out of the living room for a few minutes.

More generally, if a character in some sketch fell, got hurt, or narrowly escaped being hurt--then that sketch probably scared me. Two examples:

1. Two human cast members (I forget which) were assembling a large picture puzzle on the wall; the picture showed a railroad track passing through a tunnel, with the opening facing the "fourth wall". After they completed the picture, the cast members heard a locomotive coming through the tunnel; the noise was realistically loud, and the oncoming train probably frightened me as much as it did those characters! (I couldn't blame their reaction when the train had reached a safe distance away, either; the two characters took down the picture, tore it to bits and put it into a trash can.)
  2. A tiger in a Spanish cartoon was teaching about the letter T and words beginning with that letter; appropriate pictures appeared on a nearby easel as the tiger spoke. When he had trouble thinking of another T-word, however, an evil-looking shark appeared on the easel: he snarled that T was for tiburón ("shark"), torrentia [sp?] ("flood"--as water rose into huge waves on the screen), and tormente ("torment"--as the shark took off, intent on attacking the tiger).

ISNorden

Reaction score
Jennifer said:
At least one that scared me as a kid is on there...Willie Wimple, that prince of pollution, that duke of deforestation, that viscount of...of...help me out here.

Want to know pathetic? When I saw that clip there...I...I could not bring myself to click on it. Is that pathetic or what?
I agree that the Willie Wimple cartoons were real downers, though they had to be that way for the lesson to sink in. ("Yucch!" is an understatement...)

P.S. How about "viscount of vandalism"?

pastreetfan

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
  1. Two human cast members (I forget which) were assembling a large picture puzzle on the wall; the picture showed a railroad track passing through a tunnel, with the opening facing the "fourth wall". After they completed the picture, the cast members heard a locomotive coming through the tunnel; the noise was realistically loud, and the oncoming train probably frightened me as much as it did those characters! (I couldn't blame their reaction when the train had reached a safe distance away, either; the two characters took down the picture, tore it to bits and put it into a trash can.)
That would be Bob and Luis - that is, to me, the scariest sketch ever on the show. I watched it years later on Noggin, and in my mid-20's, I *still* had goose bumps watching it. I think the train crashing into the screen is what did it for me.

However, after all that, I'm still hoping that it finds its way to youtube. :smile: