Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Ziffel

Reaction score
This is really nice getting to see and hear more and more of these classic clips. Like the Lefty the Salesman ones (Frank Oz really hammed up the voice hilariously in the invisible ice cream cone one!), the Ernie and Berts (Always loved the one where he suddenly cleans up the place in 15 seconds to get Bert's dessert. I especially hope sometime to see the one where Ernie questions his existence [ "Hi Bert it's time for our checker game! AH AH AH!]
and when Ernie counts to ten and keeps starting over), and Sammy the Snake (real catchy music there). I also really enjoyed seeing again the one with "Four big cheers for the letter four! Hip Hip Hurray!". The way that tall thin one says "Hip Hip Hurray" by himself at the end is a riot!
And great to see a falling down baker sketch, a Paul Benedict number painter sketch, and a race car/ spies number sketch. Good fun!
Oh and the Little Miss Muffet skit. That's one I haven't thought about since back in the 70's. Again, what a hilarious screaming voice Frank Oz does for Miss Muffet at the end when she runs from the spider!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I'm bumping this just so that folks could see it again and possibly upload them if they have em :big_grin:

Clips I'd love to see on Youtube:

I dont want to live on the moon
Monster in The Mirror ( any)
More Monsterpiece Theater, specifically "39 Stairs" and "One Flew Over Coocoo's Nest"
More E&B (what I'm thinkin of are "The Cake","Drums", etc)
More Grover the Waiter ( The Count and Hot Dogs, etc)
More Super Grover/Grover/Marshall Grover
Do De Rubber Duck
Oscar, the Bus, and Kermit
Monsterpiece Theater: King & I
and The Count's "Song of the Count"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a video clip of "Monster in the Mirror" (both the more modern version shown on "Play with me Sesame" (i.e. non-celebrity version) and I think the original version I remember seeing as a child, with celebrities like The Simpsons showing up at the end). And I think I've got the Monsterpiece Theatre sketch- "The King and I" somewhere. And maybe "Do De Rubber Duck". I'll see about uploading some of them later on when I get a chance.
:smile:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Also, if anyone has those "Star Wars on Sesame" inserts ( the ones that guy had) maybe someone could upload those as I never saw them ( perhaps as a private video..?) Just wonderin...

PiLfan

Reaction score
does anyone remember the animation shorts with batman and superman back in the 70s??...i vaguely recollect a few of them...it's always interesting to see the character cross-overs...like when beetle bailey had a few animated skits shown. does anyone have these to upload? been looking for them on all the shareware programs but nothing so far.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I do have the Star Wars on Sesame Street video clips you're talking about. As soon as I can find them, I'll see about uploading them to youtube.com
:smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well I just alluded to the segment of Big Bird facing the death of Mr. Hooper in another thread. I just watched that clip on youtube a short while ago. I want to confess that it had me in big time tears! (Any other males want to admit they couldn't watch this one without shedding at least a tear? :smile: ).
It was a very special clip indeed. Loved how it ended with all the adult humans gathering around Big Bird to hug (what they can reach, that is!) and console him. I happened to watch "Forrest Gump" last evening. It was on ABC. I hadn't seen it since back when it came out. That ending likewise had me in mega tears. When he was at his wife's tombstone and told her how much he missed her. And how smart their boy is. That really was a good movie. But anyway, this was the first time I saw this Big Bird clip in its entirety. Simply wonderful.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh yeah- I definitely tear up at Mr. Hooper's death. And yeah, I'm a man!

(But I can change. If I have to. I guess.) :smile: (The Red Green Show reference, if you're wondering)