Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

clipjj27

Reaction score
Another early episode which was just uploaded to YouTube is Episode 0617, and it includes a couple of segments - namely Kermit and Cookie demonstrating 'through' and a gymnast demonstrating 'over' and 'under' - which I have been waiting to see for a long time. If you saw the episode, you may have noticed that all or most of the episode is out of synch, but one segment has been uploaded to YouTube by itself in synch by Rohail Hashmi - the one with Kermit and Cookie showing 'through.' If the episode can be adjusted and/or re-uploaded so that it can be in synch, that would be great, and, on a personal note, if someone can just record the gymnast segment and upload it by itself, that too would be appreciated. Last but not least, and sadly, most problematic, is the number of warnings and putdowns which appear to be taking place on YouTube in exchanges between the video's uploader (1999 Fan) and some users. If these concerns or 'allegations' are indeed valid (i.e., about getting in trouble with Sesame Workshop, etc.), then we who are collecting info for the Wiki (Muppet Fandom) could be set back seriously if some issue arises because of this. If anyone would like to respond to the above (both in terms of my personal requests and the general legal concerns), please feel free to do so. Thanks, all!

P.S. I just had some e-mail exchanges with the uploader of that episode, and it turned out that he used the same words he used on YouTube (please see comments there) to address me. Would anybody know who he/she is? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

hooperfan

Reaction score
Another early episode which was just uploaded to YouTube is Episode 0617, and it includes a couple of segments - namely Kermit and Cookie demonstrating 'through' and a gymnast demonstrating 'over' and 'under' - which I have been waiting to see for a long time. If you saw the episode, you may have noticed that all or most of the episode is out of synch, but one segment has been uploaded to YouTube by itself in synch by Rohail Hashmi - the one with Kermit and Cookie showing 'through.' If the episode can be adjusted and/or re-uploaded so that it can be in synch, that would be great, and, on a personal note, if someone can just record the gymnast segment and upload it by itself, that too would be appreciated. Last but not least, and sadly, most problematic, is the number of warnings and putdowns which appear to be taking place on YouTube in exchanges between the video's uploader (1999 Fan) and some users. If these concerns or 'allegations' are indeed valid (i.e., about getting in trouble with Sesame Workshop, etc.), then we who are collecting info for the Wiki (Muppet Fandom) could be set back seriously if some issue arises because of this. If anyone would like to respond to the above (both in terms of my personal requests and the general legal concerns), please feel free to do so. Thanks, all!

P.S. I just had some e-mail exchanges with the uploader of that episode, and it turned out that he used the same words he used on YouTube (please see comments there) to address me. Would anybody know who he/she is? Thanks in advance.
He's a former member that's been blocked here for using bad language and harassing others...best to not have any contact with him

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
He's a former member that's been blocked here for using bad language and harassing others...best to not have any contact with him
Which user are you referring to? Please PM me, and I will block that person pronto.

Also, episode 617 had the rarely seen number 6 segment in which the number is displayed on a plethora of still images in a variety of ways with pixellated transitions throughout, and at the end a metallic number 6 is shown falling off a wall and crashing with a clanking sound effect.. I remember seeing that segment in early November 1982 (its final airing), and saw it on a Canadian broadcast of episode 1136 just after Christmas 1979. I am quite surprised that segment debuted during the series' third season.

Last edited:

clipjj27

Reaction score
I know it's on a different Web site (Streamable), but the following is a collection of eight segments from the 1970's. Does anybody remember her?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Which user are you referring to? Please PM me, and I will block that person pronto.

Also, episode 617 had the rarely seen number 6 segment in which the number is displayed on a plethora of still images in a variety of ways with pixellated transitions throughout, and at the end a metallic number 6 is shown falling off a wall and crashing with a clanking sound effect.. I remember seeing that segment in early November 1982 (its final airing), and saw it on a Canadian broadcast of episode 1136 just after Christmas 1979. I am quite surprised that segment debuted during the series' third season.
As a longtime reader of your posts, I'm curious how you so vividly know the dates of when you watched episodes 40 years ago.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somehow, the Sesame Street News segment where Dr. Noble Price invents slushabouts has been online since February, and I had not known until this week.

Also, Muppet Wiki has uploaded the Tinkly Table sketch to its social media pages (right now I am struggling with sharing the link), which means all the Dr. Noble Price newsflashes are online in their original English audio, and there is only one News segment left that is not online in English (that being the Don Music Old MacDoanld).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently found that somebody uploaded a ton of rare clips from the first two seasons. I keep forgetting the name of the channel, but he’s uploaded such clips as the original Up and Down, the full original Rubber Duckie, Bob reading a story about the letter F, one of the Rufus appearances, Can You Guess?, many first season tag segments, Cookie Monster’s diet, Cookie Monster watching after Hooper’s Store, Oscar baking cookies, and The Word.

Cookie Monster’s diet is one that I knew about and forgotten about. I didn’t realize It shows him looking in the mirror. I like the black background in the reflection. I thought it was odd that Grover shows up and talks Cookie into going back on his diet, it would make more sense for Bert to do it (if it had to be a Frank Oz character interacting with Cookie), but in watching, I saw that there’s a cut before Grover enters and Cookie doesn’t do much talking when Grover is on screen.