Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Also, guys, a couple of years ago in July of 2018, when I went to the FL Supercon in Ft. Lauderdale to see Caroll Spinney (about a year before his death), I asked him for proof about that Baby Monster's physical appearance if it's Elmo or another AM monster (i.e. Billy, the small hot pink one), asking him if it's the "red monster with the big eyes and the orange nose", and he still thinks it that way, LOL. Too bad I didn't show him a pic of the small hot pink AM monster before he passed; my friend LegalizeAnythingMuppets also tried to bring up a photo of that Baby Monster IS skit to Caroll on his FaceBook page (about a month before Caroll's death) but Caroll never saw the post.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know whether this is the right thread for this (I've thought of a few others it'd be good for as well, maybe), but on Scarecroe's wall on the wiki, under the "do not ask for rare episodes" note is a video showing the process of creating guides from the scripts. It is cool.

Comments are disabled, but there is a lot that I'd like to comment on here.

We technically get to see a rare episode, though most of the rare segments (when Scott watches through the entirety to know what to put in the guide) are fast forwarded through.

It's need seeing all those scans from the script page. I had read that the scripts for seasons 1-16 include the first appearance episode numbers for segments, I thought it was just the number (which is the case with an early draft of episode 1257), but when looking at this, there's some additional numbers after the episode. But considering the scripts number each segment in sequential order, it must be the item numbers in the scripts they debuted in.

I know that Scott said he OCR'd the scripts so he could search terms, but I didn't realize he could highlight the printed text and search his files. I was thinking they'd have to be manually typed in.

I thought I was told that the scripts always have something to make it clear that it's the first appearance of a sketch, I was told that before it was confirmed that the "trusted sources documents" were scripts. I was wondering more about that, knowing that in the first 11 seasons the scripts did not list the first episode appearances of film or animation inserts, I know the first appearances of many but not all segments just list a title, and couldn't quite tell how first appearances of film/animation segments were determined without going through everything in order, but after watching this and seeing how titles are found, I guess it's determined by searching the titles and seeing what the first script is.

This is also the first time I've seen how screenshots are made.

I can't decide if I would have rather this video show the process of guiding an episode they only have the script for or not. It is neat that this one happens to have an error (though in this case it's clear the episode number was a typo). Would have been cool if it showed what was done in cases where video evidence contradicts a segment listed in an episode. But with it showing so many examples of things done (like first appearance errors, examples of segments that the wiki only lists eka on, other things, the fact that there was previously a page made from the CTW archives guide), it makes me wonder if all this was a happy coincidence or if Scott actually looked at it before doing the video tutorial.