Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And, lest we forget, it was also an incredibly awkward period of time before they suddenly had major competition from Barney, which resulted in the curriculum being simplified a little, as well as the street itself receiving a major clean-up, causing it to lose its authentic urban, inner-city grit and realism.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I know. In fact, had I continued watching, I think the show would have started to fall out of my favor after Season 15. Considering that the show downsized thr number of letter segments per show by 1985 or 1986, plus the newer segments being not as appealing. For example, "The Headstrongs" was horrible, the animated "ADVENTURE!" segment was not interesting, and it really lost more interest when the show srarted to include numbers higher than 12, along with the numbers 0 and 1, in which the "Rap Number" and "Bellhop" segments started to evolve.

By the late 1980s, it seemed as if the show was putting more focus on the newer segments. Not my cup of tea.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score

COWABUNGA!!!!! :insatiable: :insatiable: :insatiable: :insatiable: It's a SHOCKER that Taminella Grinderfall and Sour Bird BOTH appeared on Sesame Street's first season as well. Talk about a LOT of pre-Sesame Street Muppets appearing during THAT first season. And now I finally got to see what the Anything Muppet Letter tags looked like (including this "O" tag depicted in the two stills above).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
There was an animated skit where a voice asks a face (belonging to a snake) if it is aware of the sound of the letter S. Does that skit exist anywhere on Youtube or any video sharing site, or at least an episode containing that skit? I tried searching for it using all parameters, with no luck.

EDIT: I may have found it. It was likely on the last 30 minutes of Episode 1885, a 1984 rebroadcast of the visit to Grandma Harriet's farm from Season 13. According to Muppet Wiki, the segments were basically the same, except the rerun omits two letter S segments. When partial data for Episode 1885 was published on Muppet Wiki a long time ago, it did list the aforementioned "Letter S sound" skit as one of the segments.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
It's a good thing that most of what I want, is from my years of viewing the show. I am not that much into the earliest seasons, I am more a fan of anything from between Seasons 5 and 14. I had no problem with a few Season 15 episodes, but my taste for the show started to decline weeks after the death of Mr. Hooper was revealed, but Mr. Hooper was not the reason. It was more because of a looming format change and the newer sketches were not that great, such as "On Vacation with Guy Smiley" and the segment involving cast members and various Muppets being shown in Brady Bunch-style splitscreen naming words that rhyme, ending with Oscar appearing in the center mentioning "trash". I get the feeling my love for the show was taking a toll by the end of 1983, and crashed many weeks afterwards. Not to mention that by 1985 or 1986, there was a drop in the number of letter segments per show, I believe.

I never cared much for the pre-1975 episodes because of animated segments being repeated - sometimes shown up to three times in an episode. Consider me a fan of variety more than anything else. I get a feeling my love for the show was at its prime during Seasons 10 to 14, with Season 14 being the peak. It would really be nice to see some episodes from the lost Seasons 8 and 9, but I am not going to badger anyone as it will get me nowhere. I am going to lay low and play "The Waiting Game" (and was that a real Guy Smiley sketch?).

wiley207

Reaction score
Here's something different, as it's not an actual segment or footage from the show, but a stock sound effect the show used back in the old-school years, and a fitting one for Halloween!

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here's something different, as it's not an actual segment or footage from the show, but a stock sound effect the show used back in the old-school years, and a fitting one for Halloween!
Nice, how did you get it?