Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Otherwise, the Workshop is pretty generous towards fans as far as copyright complaints are concerned: I read that some of the older clips no longer have master copies in the official New York archives, so it's good that they're still permitting fan-posted clips and sketches.
Really? I'd heard long ago that Sesame Workshop has restored every episode multiple times over the years. This is the first I heard of some old segments being lost from the archives (unless it's just the master tapes used for putting them in the episodes, while they survive in episodes that feature them).

Drtooth

Reaction score
How is 26 episodes a season meager? That's two more than a typical TV season has, if it's network television, while cable television is usually like 10-13 episodes a season.
We're talking about a show that had 130 episodes season until season 30, when it went down to 65. Not to mention it's a daily show. 26 episodes is standard now for weekly, as 26 episodes only fill up about 5 weeks and a day. If SW aired every episode in order, we'd have every episode in just over a month, and they stretch that out to several months. Now we have even less due to budget concerns, and recobbled reruns with different segments now pad out the 26 episodes rather than the 130 they used to. I think we have 20 new episodes. SW can use all the money it gets, so it's forgivable.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Really? I'd heard long ago that Sesame Workshop has restored every episode multiple times over the years. This is the first I heard of some old segments being lost from the archives (unless it's just the master tapes used for putting them in the episodes, while they survive in episodes that feature them).
I'm pretty sure that was posted by somewhere here many years ago (Ssetta maybe?), and I don't think they "restored" them per se, just made digital copies of them. If they've lost some rare things, that's a shame, but hopefully that's not really the case.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that was posted by somewhere here many years ago (Ssetta maybe?), and I don't think they "restored" them per se, just made digital copies of them. If they've lost some rare things, that's a shame, but hopefully that's not really the case.
Oh. Whether the episodes were restored or they just made digital copies, I wonder what Sesame Workshop did with the original master tapes. I wonder if the workshop still has them or if they dumped them or what.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wasn't there an article recently that mentioned they actually have a humongous vault somewhere off-site where they store the master tapes of all of their content? Seems like I recall that being brought up when they were talking about the lengths they went to to put together the hour-long hurricane special post-Sandy.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Well, I decided to delete preview clips for episodes 2885, 2886, 2887, and 2888. Just to be safe. And here is my rant video about this issue on posting full leigh episodes of Sesame Street:

wiley207

Reaction score
Rare early Elmo's World segment about public transportation...
Since when do jet planes have Model-T horns?
(Also note David Rudman's voice for said plane; very similar to his Scooter voice!) :wink:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's the original version of Mambo III:
. I never heard this version before. I like it. It's obvious the voices were pitched up. I'd love to hear a pitched down version so we could hear what the voices really sounded like.