Classic episodes you want to see

cjd874

Reaction score
Speaking of Snuffy episodes, cjd874 mentioned one (0986) that popped into my head just now. The adults tell Big Bird to essentially break up with his "imaginary" friend. The two give each other a goodbye hug, but Snuffy's tears get Big Bird's feathers wet.
(paraphrasing)
:wisdom:: Snuffy, you're getting my feathers all wet... hey, these tears are real... if they're real, than you're not imaginary! We can still be friends!

I remember Caroll Spinney once saying that it was a moment that had both he and Jerry Nelson in tears.
I first read about that one in the SS Unpaved book, which was a birthday present for me when I was five. I read it cover to cover and wore out the binding, so my parents bought another copy for me the following year. Years later, I was scrolling through the SS episode listings on Muppet Wiki and saw "Big Bird tells Snuffy that they can't be friends," and realized that was the episode I had read about as a kid! I wonder which adults convinced Big Bird that Snuffy wasn't real. I personally think Bob would have been involved in this episode, since he was perhaps the strongest non-believer of them all.

But back to the topic: there is one Snuffy-themed episode I'd like to see. Probably circa 1974-75: Luis asks Big Big to watch his scale while he gets some tools to fix it. Snuffy comes along, steps on the scale and breaks it. Realizing the damage, Snuffy quickly leaves, and Big Bird ends up in the doghouse with Luis. I think @fuzzygobo mentioned that one on this forum a while ago.

EDIT: The description is here: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/luis-blows-a-gasket.51472/

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually, if I picked an episode, I wouldn't mind seeing episode 12 just for the sake of seeing "Spinning Wheel", Bob singing "Feeling Groovy" and the Ernie and Bert skit about scratching backs-

Ohhhhhhh wait..... I forgot. The show is "lost." :rolleyes:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I first read about that one in the SS Unpaved book, which was a birthday present for me when I was five. I read it cover to cover and wore out the binding, so my parents bought another copy for me the following year. Years later, I was scrolling through the SS episode listings on Muppet Wiki and saw "Big Bird tells Snuffy that they can't be friends," and realized that was the episode I had read about as a kid! I wonder which adults convinced Big Bird that Snuffy wasn't real. I personally think Bob would have been involved in this episode, since he was perhaps the strongest non-believer of them all.

But back to the topic: there is one Snuffy-themed episode I'd like to see. Probably circa 1974-75: Luis asks Big Big to watch his scale while he gets some tools to fix it. Snuffy comes along, steps on the scale and breaks it. Realizing the damage, Snuffy quickly leaves, and Big Bird ends up in the doghouse with Luis. I think @fuzzygobo mentioned that one on this forum a while ago.

EDIT: The description is here: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/luis-blows-a-gasket.51472/
This didn't take up the whole episode. It was an isolated street scene, preceded by the film "Hello Scale, Whaddaya Say?"
It might have aired more than once, but not very often. It was incredibly intense seeing Luis getting that mad, and poor Bird taking the fall for Snuffy.

Didn't help Bird's cause for having an "imaginary" friend.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You guys know that street scene Harvey performing "Tell a Joke"?

I dunno if that was just an insert or part of an episode, but if it's the latter, I'd be curious to see what other scenes there are.

Any Del

Reaction score
I'd be curious to see what 3983 looks like.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm sure there's someone out there who has that episode.... If you're down for tape trading.