Classic episodes you want to see

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After Muppet Wiki has recently been able to add a lot of episode pages from trusted sources, I've learned of a lot of episodes I really want to see.

Episode 129 looks cool. This one has Oscar hosting the show, including interrupting the opening (I wonder if that's the first time the opening was interrupted).

The weeks of episodes where the Fix-It Shop gets repaired/refurbished sounds good (okay, I learned about this from CTW Archive sources, no guide from trusted sources has been made yet).

Episode 1259, Bruno's debut, also looks interesting. There's a lot of scenes, from the descriptions, it sounds like we see Bruno with Oscar's trash can as well as Oscar's can placed in the same scene. Although the show was rerecorded and not live, I wonder if they would have gone through all the time to have Bruno carrying his can and have Caroll Spinney get out of the character and perform Oscar in a can not held by Bruno within the same scene (a lot of the old street scenes seem to have been done in one take, did they stop this by season 10?). Scarecroe told me that Bruno has a lot of dialogue in the script, it'd be interesting to see if much of that remained in the finished episode, not to mention if he was a big talker in his next appearances or if he switched to a more silent character by his next appearance.

The season 12 episode where Oscar runs Camp Uglyyuccy in Bruno's junkyard, with Buffy being forced into attending (since she had, for some reason, been sleeping in Oscar's trash can when it was transported and she decided to make sure the kids are safe).

The week or two of snow episodes in season 13 where we meet Maria's cousin Mercedes and Big Bird's penguin cousin Zero.

Aristotle's debut appearance.

The season 13 episode where Big Bird hosts a special ceremony so his friends can meet Mr. Snuffleupagus.... only for Big Bird to have forgotten to invite Snuffy.

Season 7 episode where Cookie Monster runs for president.

Season 13 (I think) episode where Big Bird and Snuffy go on a treasure hunt.

Episode 900, a televised version of Ernie & Bert Sing-Along (I had heard the album last year, and it sure is an awesome album).

Season 12 episode where Oscar runs for mayor (another one that I learned of from CTW Archives program guide instead of the trusted sources pages).

mariolover

Reaction score
I would still love to see a high quality rip of the Wicked Witch episode and I really want to see Episode 3020 from Season 24.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Here are some I would like to see:
  • Episode 2432
  • Episode 2845
  • Episode 3441
  • Episode 3552
  • Episode 3651
  • Episode 3901
  • Episode 3922
  • Episode 4012
  • Episode 4050

crackmaster

Reaction score
The uncut version of the Star Wars episode, with the slow motion film. (It was cut from the Unpaved version.)

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Episodes I would love to see:
  • Episode 886 - Sesame Street disappears out of sight
  • Episode 905
  • Episode 995 - Herman Bird's visit (even though it's a repeat, but the inserts were better)
  • Episode 1122 - Featuring a scene where Herry monster drives a nail in wood with his hand, and Luis warns the viewers "don't try this at home."
  • Episode 1207 - Bert's date with Bertha (it's on HBO Max, but I cannot access it due to being in Canada)
  • Episode 1295 - the "dark" blackout episode with Grandma Harriet
  • Episode 1370 - Oscar gets taken to the city dump
  • Episode 1422 - Barkley enters Gordon's car
  • Episode 1491 - Oscar goes to the movies with Gordon and Susan
  • Episode 1497 - Mr. Ortiz's sister's visit
  • Episode 1548 - with the animated segment where a duckling sings about the letter Q.
  • Episode 1570 - "Close Encounters of the Worst Kind" (it's on HBO Max, but I can't access it due to being in Canada)
  • Episode 1608 - Big Bird has some great ideas
  • Episodes 1617 through 1625 - Season 13 snow arc episodes
  • Episode 1615 - Grandma Harriet's farm
  • Episode 1637 - The Small People of Sesame Street
  • Episode 1659 - A photo of Snuffy.
  • Episode 1741 - Forgetful Jones tries to remember the letter H.
  • Episode 1790 - Featuring Mr. Hooper's final segment.
  • Episode 1800 - Abigail's visit (the full episode, not the Unpaved version)
  • Episode 1931 - Captain Vegetable's super powers are put to the test
  • Episode 2708 - The Ginarella episode (it was long after my time, but an interesting episode as per Muppet Wiki)

The first four episodes on my list are perhaps far-fetched, since they were aired between 1977 and 1979, during a time when very few people owned VCRs, if they even existed then. I do know episodes from Season 10 do exist on videotape, otherwise they wouldn't have surfaced on a video sharing sites.

It was quite amazing that the New Mexico story arc episodes did get archived in a personal collection, otherwise they would have never surfaced on YT to begin with.

Based on my list of desired episodes, it might imply that my interest in the show peaked in 1982. Subsequent seasons were less and less interesting, and I personally think Season 15 was when my interest was running out of steam. Although I continued watching into 1985, but it just over a month into 1985 that my interest in the show was lost. There were a few episodes in subsequent seasons that were good, but not enough for me to consider for my wishlist except for the "Ginarella" episode.

Last edited:

SesameMike

Reaction score
My list would be
  • Episode 227, Cookie Monster fills Hooper's store with cookie boxes. Season 2 (All-time favorite episode)
  • Episode 273, Bob narrates the show in a pre-dawn scene. Season 2
  • Episode 302. Big Bird gets a gift that rhymes with note (goat boat coat). Season 3
  • Episode 305, Big Bird tries to wake Susan by crowing like a rooster at 8:00, but keeps getting early hours, Season 3
  • Episode 325, Oscar decides to move his can. Season 3
  • Episode 334, Oscar "decorates" Hooper's store with garbage. Season 3
  • Episode 578, Oscar gets a nose, and has to do something nice to get rid of it. Season 5
  • Episode 717, Big Bird tries to get a good-night's sleep. Season 6
  • Episode 751, The Count celebrates National Counting Day. Season 6
  • Unknown episode number, Sam the Machine confuses everyone by emulating various common sounds. Season 3 or 4
  • Unknown episode number, someone is moving into the carriage house, and Mr. Hooper organizes a bucket brigade (pass it along) to bring the boxes up the stairs

mariolover

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I am dying to see the episode where Oscar gets locked out of his trashcan, and the one where they play "Gone With The Wind". The latter one is a 90s episode, but it would still count as classic.