Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
yeahhhhh all of these stores in my town have all this Christmas stuff up already and I'm like,,,,,,, what?? i mean it's not even Halloween yet :smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest, I haven’t really seen Christmas stuff hung up in October in my local mall, or at least I don’t recall anyway. 🤷‍♂️

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Thankfully, I don't see any evidence of Christmas decorations at this point. But after Halloween is done and over with, I bet stores will be devorating for the upcoming holiday season, especially a supermarket I go to.

If I owned a store, whether in a shopping mall or a standalone store, holiday decorations would not be set up until as early November 25 or 26. I am not a fan of early Christmas setups, and I don't believe in getting into a holiday spirit until December 24.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't understand that any more than I do decorating too early. Why wait until the day before the holiday itself to set up decorations, only to take everything back down again just a couple of days later? It makes it seem like a wasted effort, if you ask me.

As I've always said, each holiday should have its respective month to be celebrated, without other holidays bleeding in: October is for Halloween; not Thanksgiving, not Christmas, just Halloween. November is for Thanksgiving; not prolonged Halloween, not early Christmas, just Thanksgiving. December is for Christmas . . . I think we know where this is going.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang fright they are!!! Lifetime just proved this by cancelling Halloween, starting their It's a Wonderful Lifetime on Friday. This Friday! You bleepin' bastwages! :mad: :grr: :grouchy: :attitude:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Dang fright they are!!! Lifetime just proved this by cancelling Halloween, starting their It's a Wonderful Lifetime on Friday. This Friday! You bleepin' bastwages! :mad: :grr: :grouchy: :attitude:
And Hallmark Channel is starting their Christmas movies tomorrow!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is why I just stopped watching TV at this point. These networks have no clue what they're doing when it comes to the times of the year....